Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
DDDorian hit the nail on the head for me...

I also have a hard time getting the hype about White Chapel. It's not a question of taste o because I don't like them or whatever, but I gave them a chance, heard them live, and their performance was bland, unmemorable, and totally annoying. Then Neuraxis came on destroying the whole set, and all I hear after is talks of White Chapel... am I missing something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
DDDorian hit the nail on the head for me...

I also have a hard time getting the hype about White Chapel. It's not a question of taste o because I don't like them or whatever, but I gave them a chance, heard them live, and their performance was bland, unmemorable, and totally annoying. Then Neuraxis came on destroying the whole set, and all I hear after is talks of White Chapel... am I missing something?
its most likely these degenerate 15 yearold kids out there that only judge a band by how good there breakdowns are. cause there fucktards with no sense of musical nor melodic theory. just chug chug chug chug booooom

weres the crabwalk breakdown gif/vid when you need it?

ire_works

Djent ,Djent ,Djent
Reaction score
its most likely these degenerate 15 yearold kids out there that only judge a band by how good there breakdowns are. cause there fucktards with no sense of musical nor melodic theory. just chug chug chug chug booooom

attachment.php

ask and ye shalt recieve

Attachments

• 5trtpf.gif
    5trtpf.gif
    108.3 KB · Views: 196

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I hope that Michael Jackson does a comeback tour and ditches the moonwalk in favour of the crabwalk!
The solo in "Beat It" + MJ crabwalking = WIN!!

DDDorian's post :yesway:

To me Deathcore sounds amateurish like kids who are trying to imitate Death/Black Metal after hearing it for the first time.
Personally I don't like it cause rather like Pop-punk the bands that play it sound interchangeable which in my eyes makes it a scene which won't evolve and I honestly believe life is just to short to even give a shit about genre's and bands that are stagnant especially when there is so much better and inspiring stuff out there.

rasse

Reaction score

You realize you just basically told about 10 people that posted on this thread are immature fucktards?

-edit typo

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score

You realize you just basically told about 10 people that posted on this thread are immature fucktards?

-edit typo

You're honestly surprised someone said something stupid on the internet?

That's all right man, I couldn't care less what someone thinks of the music I listen to. Doesn't affect me in any way. :D

Zac

Reaction score
Dismissing an entire genre of music based on it's fans/image is fucking bullshit. I did it for years with Black Metal, and regret it. That said, I still can't stand most BM fans.

While I don't particularly like Deathcore, there are definitely bands who play it well, and there are talented people who play said genre. Born of Osiris are excellent, and definitely don't stick to any formula. The album "Akeldama" by The Faceless is an amazing album, and yes, it has it's share of breakdowns. Their second release, "Planetary Duality", is more technical and has practically no traces of Core, if you're the type of person who takes the word "Core" (or "Hardcore") to be universally derogatory.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
attachment.php

ORT ORT ORT ORT ORT ORT

ORT ORT ORT ORT BREEEEEEEE

Anyone want the video? theres like 5 different versions of it too

ThrashensteiN

the Djentleman
Reaction score
I cant stand the bands that dress like theyre a bunch of wanna be white boy amateur rappers, try and do terrible super low pig squals and do nothing but walk back and forth on stage fixing their hat and pants, while the sale palm muted pattern is occasionally interrupted by a pinch harmonic or triplet, and the only possibly talented member of the band is the drummer but hes so stoned he doesnt even know how bad the music is.

All Shall Perish is incredible, I didnt read the rest of the thread cuz I want to go back to drinking.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I cant stand the bands that dress like theyre a bunch of wanna be white boy amateur rappers, try and do terrible super low pig squals and do nothing but walk back and forth on stage fixing their hat and pants, while the sale palm muted pattern is occasionally interrupted by a pinch harmonic or triplet, and the only possibly talented member of the band is the drummer but hes so stoned he doesnt even know how bad the music is.

All Shall Perish is incredible, I didnt read the rest of the thread cuz I want to go back to drinking.

" didnt read the rest of the thread cuz I want to go back to drinking"
That made my day:lol::lol:

Piro

Reaction score
I hate deathcore because they care more about their image then their damn music. Only Deathcore band I will ever listen to is Whitechapel. I don't even count them as deathcore because they actually try to write good stuff.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
So, to summarize the last ten pages:
1) Shitty quarter time breakdowns constituting 7/8ths of the song
2) Gay poser haircuts/clothing
3) Shitty vocalists
4) Fucking gay band names that are either complete sentences or prepositional phrases

thats what does it in for me. If the music were good i could care less about the haircuts and shitty clothes. But the vocalists always ruin it, and if they don't, the shitty Obligatory Breakdown does.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
5) F***** gay kids who like to "hardcore dance"

Consequence:

This is the shit I can't stand. 300 lb. dudes picking on people smaller than them at shows, simply because they are "hardcore dancing". Especially if they are in the middle of the pit, not bothering anyone. It's all moshing, just in different forms (because they came from different types of music).

People should be watching out for each other at shows. They shouldn't be fighting over superficial differences in music taste, how they look, mosh etc. It's pathetic.

edit: As far as the music goes, there are bands I like, and bands I don't. This goes for every genre.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
I hate hardcore dancers because they just stand in the middle of the where the pit should be kicking around making it impossible to mosh without getting kicked in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')