Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
The "dancing" is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. What the hell is this throwing your arms all over the place shite?

It wouldn't bother me if bands like Suicide Silence weren't supporting Behemoth, and I could avoid them, but NO. There are always these twats looking like Bruce Lee's 4 year old cousin trying to show off that they can....well......make themselves look like a choo choo train?

For gods sake, just enjoy the damn music, and stop making a twat of yourself, and ruining things for everyone around you :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't give a shit about the "dancing." You could pop a squat in the mosh pit for all I care. I just want more originality in the music.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
Thats part of the issue :ugh:

Wouldnt be a problem if they were 17 year old attractive scene girls :wub:

Hell yes! I went to a Bring Me The Horizon show with some friends and there were some pretty hot older scene girls there. Although two of them were talking shit about us saying, "They only smoke because they think it makes them look cool" yet a little later, started talking to us. But inside, I was surrounded by quite a few hot girls which was a VERY nice change from huge sweaty guys :lol:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
DDDorian hit the nail on the head for me...

I also have a hard time getting the hype about White Chapel. It's not a question of taste o because I don't like them or whatever, but I gave them a chance, heard them live, and their performance was bland, unmemorable, and totally annoying. Then Neuraxis came on destroying the whole set, and all I hear after is talks of White Chapel... am I missing something?

No... Whitechapel blow. I'm not hearing it either, they sound like every other Hotopicore band out there. The Faceless, (which, personally, I find fairly core-less) on the other hand, there's a good deal of musicality and creativity peppered in there and worthwhile to listen too. :yesway:

Reaction score
Agreed on the White Chapel as well. I had the misfortune of sitting through their set (and Veil of Maya) during Summer Slaughter and didn't "get it" lets just say...

It wouldn't bother me if bands like Suicide Silence weren't supporting Behemoth, and I could avoid them, but NO. There are always these twats looking like Bruce Lee's 4 year old cousin trying to show off that they can....well......make themselves look like a choo choo train

Yeah! I don't know what's up with that. I guess they are trying to pull a larger crowd by having bands from 2 seperate "groups"...

Though there are some benefits... like someone said earlier... it's not all just big sweaty dudes in the crowd. :lol:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Why? Because I dont think any deathcore band member has ever listened to - or heard of Possessed or Venom, Bathory or early Darkthrone. All the pride metal once had has been sucked fucking dry by these mallcore kids who sit in their mums minivans, who went from listening to fall out boy at 12 to Bring me the horizon at 15 to Suicide Silence at 17.

They didn't start with the classics, they never listened to metal, just some disgraceful bi-product.

There shouldn't be arguments here guys, just truth.

But whatever really, At first glance for me its a fcplm of a sharade and it really just doesn't appeal to me....maybe to you but not me.

A friend of mine showed me All Shall Perish about 3 years ago and I thought "hey this is isn't bad", but I completely forgot about deathcore up until recently I've noticed everyone wants to be as brewtal as Job For A Cowboy or as much of a chick magnet as Ollie Sykes or whatever that little shits name is :lol:

Im just going to ignore it. my advice is - and I'll be practising what I preach - if you dont like deathcore, support death metal and start your own death metal band.

BREWTAIL HAILZZZ!!1111

OwlsHaveEyes

Josh Gauges
Reaction score
Why? Because I dont think any deathcore band member has ever listened to - or heard of Possessed or Venom, Bathory or early Darkthrone.

I listen primarily to deathcore and I started out listening to all those bands...even Celtic Frost, Krisiun...etc...but no matter what kind of music I listen to I still go back to listening to deathcore. I don't dress scene, I don't get into the pits and throw my fists about. Personally, I dress in Hollister, and stand off to the side when I go to shows. I don't dress like a wigger and grab my crotch while listening to deathcore either. The negative image that scene kids and ghetto kids give to the genre is the ONLY thing about deathcore that bothers me, otherwise I love it. As far as everyone who doesn't like it...STOP LISTENING TO IT AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING ABOUT IT..you honestly have nothing better to do then talk shit about something you don't like. I can find so much I can do rather then talk about how much I hate Behemoth, but I would rather do something more productive. Get a life!

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I want this for a song title for my new band MSG (MySpace Grindcore). I'll make sure the song has a breakdown within 10 seconds and does nothing but get slower. :hbang:

That could win. On the other hand it may be appalling which would win more. :lol:

Reaction score
I listen primarily to deathcore and I started out listening to all those bands...even Celtic Frost, Krisiun...etc...but no matter what kind of music I listen to I still go back to listening to deathcore. I don't dress scene, I don't get into the pits and throw my fists about. Personally, I dress in Hollister, and stand off to the side when I go to shows. I don't dress like a wigger and grab my crotch while listening to deathcore either. The negative image that scene kids and ghetto kids give to the genre is the ONLY thing about deathcore that bothers me, otherwise I love it. As far as everyone who doesn't like it...STOP LISTENING TO IT AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING ABOUT IT..you honestly have nothing better to do then talk shit about something you don't like. I can find so much I can do rather then talk about how much I hate Behemoth, but I would rather do something more productive. Get a life!

Your the exception :lol:

And i still hate deathcore :fawk:

groph

Reaction score
Why? Because I dont think any deathcore band member has ever listened to - or heard of Possessed or Venom, Bathory or early Darkthrone. All the pride metal once had has been sucked fucking dry by these mallcore kids who sit in their mums minivans, who went from listening to fall out boy at 12 to Bring me the horizon at 15 to Suicide Silence at 17.

They didn't start with the classics, they never listened to metal, just some disgraceful bi-product.

There shouldn't be arguments here guys, just truth.

But whatever really, At first glance for me its a fcplm of a sharade and it really just doesn't appeal to me....maybe to you but not me.

A friend of mine showed me All Shall Perish about 3 years ago and I thought "hey this is isn't bad", but I completely forgot about deathcore up until recently I've noticed everyone wants to be as brewtal as Job For A Cowboy or as much of a chick magnet as Ollie Sykes or whatever that little shits name is :lol:

Im just going to ignore it. my advice is - and I'll be practising what I preach - if you dont like deathcore, support death metal and start your own death metal band.

BREWTAIL HAILZZZ!!1111

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 on the part about supporting death metal by making a band, I can't agree more. I'm doing the same, I'd love to bring something like that into the scene around here.

As far as the old stuff goes, I'm at least listening to a bunch of it now, you know, so I'm "true." :lol:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
idk if anyone has said this yet, but i believe i speak for most of the true death metallers when i say:

FUCK SCENECORE SHIT

:]

HAIL SATAN MOTHER FUCKER :lol:

Im not sure if you're telling me to get a life or other people in general :ugh:

'STOP LISTENING TO IT AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING ABOUT IT'

I dont listen to it :lol:

I dont talk 'shit', I talk TR00TH!!1

:Rants: of course owls have eyes...:realmad:

ire_works

Djent ,Djent ,Djent
Reaction score
If i might state a quick personal point.

My first experience in metal was nu-metal , Slipknot and Mudvayne , which at that time was the most untrue of untruth out there , but listening to that got me into heaveir music like Unearth and The Haunted. Now i'd see The Haunted and read up on that the Bjolner brothers were in At The Gates. Now i'm exposed to all these early melodic death bands and see them with Suffocation and Nile Shirts. Now i'm listening to these bands and hearing what influence they've had on them and getting into that aswell.

Within a year and a half period , i went from buying my first Slipknot cd :shred:, to getting My first tattoo , the album cover of "Storm of the Light's Bane" by Dissection. :metal:

So what i'm saying is , if deathcore can move any number of scene kids into "true metal" , then in the end , isn't it all worth it? :idea: The thing about metal that drew all of us to it is its place in the underground. Its not playing all day on MTV. Its not the most viewed video on youtube. Its not the most downloaded song. Its something we all share in comon , regargless of distict , but in the end meaningless sub-genres ...

... and that is metal.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
As far as everyone who doesn't like it...STOP LISTENING TO IT AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING ABOUT IT..you honestly have nothing better to do then talk shit about something you don't like. I can find so much I can do rather then talk about how much I hate Behemoth, but I would rather do something more productive. Get a life!

When I stop getting subjected to the shite when I go to shows of bands I do enjoy, and don't have to avoid the pricks who are trying to become helicopters, then we can talk.

Until I can actually avoid it, then I will bitch about its existence.

You can't say "stop listening to it", if we cant get away from it, understand?

Wisdom

Banned
Reaction score
Although I agree that deathcore blows because it is scene and trendy, I do find it funny that some of the people condemning it saying "listen to true metal", listen to metalcore, or other silly "metal" genre/bands. Also, true metal will never become mainstream popular. True metal condemns society, and it's actions. Just some food for thought.

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
I tend not to like deathcore because of its lack of melody and harmony, which are two-thirds of the definition of music. And its rhythms are fucking boring, so that just makes it drek.

And what the fuck is true metal anyway? It sure ain't black metal, because that stuff tends to be hilariously bad -- at least, the TR00 FROSTBITN NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL OV SATAN is. And if tr00 black metal isn't, what is?

It sure ain't brutal-death, because, after trying to listen to that shit for a while, I realized that most of it has lost both originality and the "FUCK YOU" metal spirit.

:fawk:

Xarn

Reaction score
I tend not to like deathcore because of its lack of melody and harmony, which are two-thirds of the definition of music. And its rhythms are fucking boring, so that just makes it drek.

And what the fuck is true metal anyway? It sure ain't black metal, because that stuff tends to be hilariously bad -- at least, the TR00 FROSTBITN NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL OV SATAN is. And if tr00 black metal isn't, what is?

It sure ain't brutal-death, because, after trying to listen to that shit for a while, I realized that most of it has lost both originality and the "FUCK YOU" metal spirit.

:fawk:

Black metal is mostly claimed as "true metal" because as the name says, it tends to stay true to the genre, ie. ignoring current trends and such.

And I guess black metal just isn't your cup of tea, because claiming bands like Emperor, Ulver etc as "hilariously" bad is pretty damn ignorant imo.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I think the fixation on having absolutely no production at all is what most people would hate/mock 'tr00 k\/lt' black metal for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')