Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheAceOfSpades1

Reaction score
It sure ain't brutal-death, because, after trying to listen to that shit for a while, I realized that most of it has lost both originality and the "FUCK YOU" metal spirit.

Originality isn't really what brutal death is about. It's about playing the music you like. The same things applies towards deathcore.

Why? Because I dont think any deathcore band member has ever listened to - or heard of Possessed or Venom, Bathory or early Darkthrone. All the pride metal once had has been sucked fucking dry by these mallcore kids who sit in their mums minivans, who went from listening to fall out boy at 12 to Bring me the horizon at 15 to Suicide Silence at 17.

They didn't start with the classics, they never listened to metal, just some disgraceful bi-product.

There shouldn't be arguments here guys, just truth.

No arguments? Do you realize the logic that you're using? Not everyone listens to the same bands in the same order as you do. People don't have total control over the bands that they hear about in their lifetime. It would be impossible for someone who has never ever heard death metal before in their lifetime to think "I'm going to listen to Possessed before I start listening to (insert deathcore band here)".

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Originality isn't really what brutal death is about. It's about playing the music you like. The same things applies towards deathcore.

No arguments? Do you realize the logic that you're using? Not everyone listens to the same bands in the same order as you do. People don't have total control over the bands that they hear about in their lifetime. It would be impossible for someone who has never ever heard death metal before in their lifetime to think "I'm going to listen to Possessed before I start listening to (insert deathcore band here)".

I dont think you understand.

The first gen of death core was kind of cool, it was actual 'death-core'; whereas now days its just JUG JUG BLOOOOP JUG DUN DUN DUN DUN BLOOP BLOOOOWOOOOWOOWOWOWOWPP BREEEE *EMOTIONAL CLEAN VOCALS* BROOOOOOIIEWWWWWWW WRAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *END OF SONG*

Im not saying everyone has to be oldschool...

Im saying the kids are too new school...they don't know where the roots lay...

And some just came onto the scene because scene chicks/guys are 'HAWT <3 lulz'.

/Thread

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously dude, people don't NEED to listen to where the music was derived from. They're not asking permission to listen to it. Besides, it's a good bet that a young kid into Suicide Silence might not like Possessed, Venom or any of the other bands from way back. Half the stuff from that era has production so bad it's hard to tell the difference between the bass drum and the snare. I

We understand you hate deathcore (or whatever it's called.)...so stop talking about it. If you actually stop commenting on it, it might piss you off less when you don't hear from people who actually like the genre. Besides, it's getting really dry reading your constant ramblings about how old metal bands are so much superior to the ones of today.

BUT! If you're hell bent on making sure that bands people like that you don't are properly shit on, please, by all means, continue. I'm sure at some point, we'll start getting confused which site is Harmony Central and which one is Sevenstring.org.

They didn't start with the classics, they never listened to metal, just some disgraceful bi-product.

You need a resume cataloging your past metal listenings to listen to newer music? :nuts:

Also - awesome dropping me negative rep unsigned with "wow." It was great to see my first ever negative rep. Try spacing out your neg rep handouts from your witty posts and it might be harder to figure it out next time.

I dont think you understand.

The first gen of death core was kind of cool, it was actual 'death-core'; whereas now days its just JUG JUG BLOOOOP JUG DUN DUN DUN DUN BLOOP BLOOOOWOOOOWOOWOWOWOWPP BREEEE *EMOTIONAL CLEAN VOCALS* BROOOOOOIIEWWWWWWW WRAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *END OF SONG*

Im not saying everyone has to be oldschool...

Im saying the kids are too new school...they don't know where the roots lay...

And some just came onto the scene because scene chicks/guys are 'HAWT <3 lulz'.

/Thread

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Bring Me The Horizon are "allegedly" the sort of people who urinate on and throw bottles of whisky at female fans who do not "pay them significant attention" when invited on to their tour bus.

I absolutely despise this band.

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Bring Me The Horizon are "allegedly" the sort of people who urinate on and throw bottles of whisky at female fans who do not "pay them significant attention" when invited on to their tour bus.

I absolutely despise this band.

It was actually a bottle of Jager... Oli Sykes pissed on this girl after their Nottingham gig and then smashed her face in with said bottle, cause she wouldn't put out for him. Mind you, deathcore bands and scenester cunts in general aren't generally above those kind of things... heavyheavylowlow (or however the fuck you say it) gang raped a 14 year old girl, for instance.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Never mind the music, there's your reason and justification for disliking them right there.

I never did hear about how the court case went.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
It was actually a bottle of Jager... Oli Sykes pissed on this girl after their Nottingham gig and then smashed her face in with said bottle, cause she wouldn't put out for him. Mind you, deathcore bands and scenester cunts in general aren't generally above those kind of things... heavyheavylowlow (or however the fuck you say it) gang raped a 14 year old girl, for instance.

Sad part is, I wouldn't be surprised to see, after that story circulating, a bunch of girls lining up for their chance to have something like that happen.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have enough energy to worry about stuff that "allegedly" happened when there's enough real shit going on in the world to be concerned with. No offense.

Nick

Reaction score
i see this thread has decended further into fail territory.

You know what i used to be one of the folk who would argue that x band was shit and this 1 wasnt and this is why.
then i grew up

seriously you guys need to realise that your standards for what is good and bad mean exactly nothing.

take spawn of possesion and carnifex for example id rather listen to carnifex *GASP* and i dont even like carnifex that much i just think they are decent.

then take whitechapel and origin. id much rather listen to origin

obviously the second option is a lot more 'true'. Which in itself is stupid because youl have 1 person argue that origin are 'real DM' and somoene else say 'no they sold out their new album is core as fuck'

POINTLESS

you cant account for other peoples tastes so stop trying to and get on with enjoying what you do.

i am still wholeheartedly against liking music because of the friends it will get you or the clothes that are assosiated with it, but if someone generally likes something, fuck it, leave them 2 it.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have enough energy to worry about stuff that "allegedly" happened when there's enough real shit going on in the world to be concerned with. No offense.

I understand what you are saying here. There are of course things going on in the world that are significantly more important than the alleged actions of the singer in some "myspace band" that is popular with people who will shortly grow up and change their tastes. However, some of us have already realised this and take actions to oppose the things they can rather than ignore them.

No offense.

And having done a bit of research I would like to state that it appears teh case was dropped due to lack of evidence. I can understand how the police may find it difficult to collect evidence on an incident such as this when you have the word of 2 girls and their friend versus the accused, the accused band mates, their "true" fans and touring team. The individual in question and the bands reputation speaks for itself though as far as I'm concerned.

And to everyone else on the board, sorry for dragging this up, it is an old issue to tell the truth. If you want to see more you'll find pretty much everything you need via google to make your own mind up, and if you are unlucky you'll find the pictures the poor girl with a gash on her forehead and blood running all over her face.

Reaction score
We understand you hate deathcore (or whatever it's called.)...so stop talking about it. If you actually stop commenting on it, it might piss you off less when you don't hear from people who actually like the genre.

Technically that is what he is supposed to be talking about. The thread is called "Why Do You Hate Deathcore?" :ugh::lol:

Reaction score
As someone else has mentioned..to me it seems like watered down death metal for children. I hate deathcore due to the look, the vocals, the generic song patterns, and the fact that people call this stuff Death Metal. Origin, Grave,Bloodbath,Deicide,Behemoth,Nile,Vader,Cannibal Corpse, etc..all death metal and there's a CLEAR difference when comparing it to all those "core" bands, etc.

One aspect I really hate is the "youth" in the voices of the vocalists. They all have that young whine to them that's indicative of the sound whereas Death Metal vocalist sound like men. Men who do real death metal vocals versus boys imitating what real DM vocalists do.

However there will ALWAYS be some sort of "popular metal" so we'll all just have to get used to it. The good thing is that it will do two things, it will keep idiots hooked on the genre and when it fades they'll go away, and it'll inspire the rest to check out the real extreme metal acts, giving them an appreciation of real death/thrash/black metal. I got into metal on the Nu-Metal wave and I'm currently in a black/death metal band afterall.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
"Deathcore" is just the next phase of metal. Soon, it'll be gone and something else will take its place.

Reaction score
I thought a breakdown was where a song is "broken down" and is built back up instrument by instrument for dynamic effect. Since when was stacatto lowest note available on guitar for half a song a breakdown? Most of the deathcore fans I've met consider themselves above death metal in general, asif they're ironically playing heavy/fast or it's some sort of joke. I have kinda avoided / refused to acknowledge this movement in music as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')