Why does getting older suck?

• Thread starter nitelightboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I'm not that old, I mean I'm 23 today, so it's not like I'm at the big 3-0. but I swear I can feel it in my bones. As a fighter and martial arts instructor I broke so many bones and damaged so many joints it's ridiculous. And now I'm paying for it. I woke up this morning and my hands were so sore they didn't want to hold my tea cup, my back didn't want to straighten, my knee didn't want to support my weight, etc.. And to top it all off, I'm trying to get myself back into shape after a couple year stint as a couch potato and I think I may have a hernia...WTF?!?! Getting old sucks, I feel bad for all you old guys on the site:fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
I know I'm not that old, I mean I'm 23 today, so it's not like I'm at the big 3-0. but I swear I can feel it in my bones. As a fighter and martial arts instructor I broke so many bones and damaged so many joints it's ridiculous. And now I'm paying for it. I woke up this morning and my hands were so sore they didn't want to hold my tea cup, my back didn't want to straighten, my knee didn't want to support my weight, etc.. And to top it all off, I'm trying to get myself back into shape after a couple year stint as a couch potato and I think I may have a hernia...WTF?!?! Getting old sucks, I feel bad for all you old guys on the site:fawk:

Wait til you reach 24. All your teeth fall out and you you become incontinent. :lol:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
I don't think your problem has anything to do with age, I am 40, never broken a single bone in my life, and I don't feel the pain you do...

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's that damn Canadian health care system...ours is garbage.

I once had to see a doctor to have him tell me that my elbow, which was severly dislocated, was not in good shape and then get e referal so I could see an orthopedic surgeon 10 DAYS LATER!!!! Meanwhile, my elbow is pointing the wrong direction and yeah....I had to reset it myself. It hurt. Bad.

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL yeah man the BIG 3-0 just kills!! I'm turning 32 this week, and for me, the pain gets worse every year. I'm very healthy, but was very hard on my body as a kid, so I hear ya on the joint stiffness, & other pain. Having a spinalbiffida doesn't help either... I can't imagine when I'm 50... I think I'll reserve someone to shoot my decrepid arse on that day...

I never believed that bull***, when my gma said she good "feel it in her bones" that it was gonna rain....NOW I know better... :lol:

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
BCrowell said:
I never believed that bull***, when my gma said she good "feel it in her bones" that it was gonna rain....NOW I know better... :lol:

haha, yeah 'm with you on that. My friends always thought i was crazy when I said that it was gonna rain today....but I know better:nuts: :lol:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, that Tylenol PM Liquid stuff rules, since we're grumbling about pain. Of course, I work stock and ride a bike 6 miles+ a day, so getting to sleep and getting up are my bad times. I'm only 29 though. :lol:

Most days I feel pretty good though. I didn't kill myself as a kid. I skateboarded a lot, but never broke anything. Worst injury I've had was last year I had a badly infected blister on my foot. Geez, that made me feel old. :(

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
It's that damn Canadian health care system...ours is garbage.

I once had to see a doctor to have him tell me that my elbow, which was severly dislocated, was not in good shape and then get e referal so I could see an orthopedic surgeon 10 DAYS LATER!!!! Meanwhile, my elbow is pointing the wrong direction and yeah....I had to reset it myself. It hurt. Bad.
It's nice to see you guys appreciate something about our country, I guess for us it's like using public washrooms...

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
NLB, you're still a spring chicken, son! Go live it up for us old farts.

I'm with you on the getting old thing, though. *groan* S-U-C-K-S. Sux.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
"incontinent"...um....I think you English people make up words...:lol:

Nope, it's a bona fide word. It means you can't control your bladder and / or bowel movements anymore. Just like being a baby all over again, except the nappies are bigger!

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
NLB, you're still a spring chicken, son! Go live it up for us old farts.

I'm with you on the getting old thing, though. *groan* S-U-C-K-S. Sux.
Oh I don't know, I disagree. I feel better now than I did when I was around 20(but that's what dope will do to you)...in fact I feel, mentally as well as physically (more mentally of course) the same as I did when I was about 25 or so. Sometimes, and this is wierd, I don't feel like a man, I still feel like a boy...ok don't fucking laugh, but I have felt the same for the past 15 years, and now since I am older, I am more stable, I have more income, a family, a band and I find my playing, although not quite as dexterous, more intelligent (if I can use that here).
I look at other 40 year old men and I don't see myself like that at all, so I think you're as old as you feel, or want to feel...it's all upstairs! Look at the Stones, fuck what are they like 70 now?

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Nope, it's a bona fide word. It means you can't control your bladder and / or bowel movements anymore. Just like being a baby all over again, except the nappies are bigger!

Oh!!! Yeah, I've always peed my pants and crapped everywhere, so that's nothing new to me..

:rofl:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm 24, and can spring right out of bed. i can run 2 miles without pain. i'm thinking, in your case, it may not be so much the broken bones of your past, but the couch potato habits of your present that have you aching. i'm betting that if you get back into the habit of exercising, stretching, and eating healthy, you'll be feeling better in no time. maybe not 100%, but certainly better than you feel now.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
NLB, you remind me of someone...

Oh, yeah! GIT R' DONE! :D

Have ya'ver farted so hard ya cracked yer back?

OMG I saw that preview on SPIKE last night and was cracking up when he said that!!

bigsethmeister

Moooosician
Reaction score
23? Getting old?!?

LOL:cool: :lol:

33 here and I think things just keep getting better!

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
bigsethmeister said:
23? Getting old?!?

LOL:cool: :lol:

33 here and I think things just keep getting better!

I'm not a wine...I'd say I'm more cheesy...so I just keep growing mold and smelling bad.

Now that's friggin metal:hbang:

')