Why has Periphery had more commercial success than Monuments/Tesseract/Etc?

• Thread starter Taylord
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightlight

Reaction score
I think you mean djingle

I hope Bulb doesn't approach Honda and keep saying, "I want to right right you a d-jingle. No, you don't understand me, I want to write you a d-jingle."

Hey, maybe we could have a Periphery Christmas album.

Djingle Bells
Djingle Bell Rock
Djing-a-lala Djing-a-lala

I can just imagine parents looking disapprovingly at it in the stores and Mr Record Company Man heavily promoting it.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Maybe because the Periphery guys have the marketing part nailed down as well the musical part?

I know next to nothing about djent or prog or all of these bands. These guys are obviously good songwriters and musicians, that's what got them famous in the first place. They write stuff that is catchy and easily to listen to. Now they are known well enough to get endorsed. Me, who knows nothing about Periphery, suddenly sees social media throwing ads my way. Ads about, Bare Knuckle pickups, Jackson guitars, Dimarzio, Ibanez, Seymour Duncan, PRS, Darkglass, Dingwall and Peavey. This all adds up to their popularity because I'm interested about this guitar gear. Next thing I know I'm watching a Rick Beato video on breaking down Periphery's song Marigold. Or a video explaining how they set up their Axe-fx's. Periphery gets likes from everywhere this way and when they release a new song, I'll probably listen to it on youtube or spotify because I'm curious. And I don't even like djent! Now I own Jake Bowen's Ibanez and a Dingwall comb with a Darglass preamp, partially because of Periphery.

No seriously, Misha Mansoor sounds like a salesman when talking about his gear. :D
No hate at all, I actually admire the guys for it. They got where I wanted to be when I first picked up the guitar.

')