Why, Hulk Hogan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
He was definitely one of my favorites.

Reaction score
Does anyone else think this should have death metal in the background? The combination would be amazing.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
That guy used to really fire us up when we were kids.. When I watch him now I can't figure out how I ever understood a word he said.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
FUCK YEAH ULTIMATE WARRIOR. He has a blog, check it out

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That guy used to really fire us up when we were kids.. When I watch him now I can't figure out how I ever understood a word he said.

I think it had more to do with him being some big buff dude, with long hair and bright facepaint. He probably could've come out to the ring and recited 'War and Peace', line for line, and kids still would've eaten that shit up. :lol:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I think it had more to do with him being some big buff dude, with long hair and bright facepaint. He could've probably could've come out to the ring and recited 'War and Peace', line for line, and kids still would've eaten that shit up. :lol:

Yeah, probably! :lol:

I almost forgot, but I actually have a 'degrees of separation' story with the Ultimate Warrior.

My dad (now retired) used to work for the Library of Congress, in the copyright offices. At some point, a book came across his desk and he needed to correspond with the author about some details regarding the copyrighting process.

Turned out the author was the Ultimate Warrior. This was the mid-90's, at which point he was apparently in the middle of a 'self-help' phase. He and my dad got to the topic of him being a pro wrestler, and then my dad mentioned that I used to watch wrestling when I was younger. The Ultimate Warrior asked my dad if I might want an autographed photo or something and my dad said 'sure'.

A few weeks later, I had an autographed 8X10, and an autographed copy of some stupid self-help book that had inspired the Ultimate Warrior. (I've since lost both. ;) )

Just thought I'd share that. :yesway:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome! It's actually really cool that your dad worked at the LoC, as well. You learn something new everyday. :thepope:

Man, I can only imagine what kinda bat-shit crazy Ultimate Warrior advice that dude put in that book. :lol:

Reaction score
The Ultimate Warrior.. He was the fuckin man when I was a kid! :metal:
It's funny though, I'd forgotten about him completely until I saw this.
This is classic stuff :yesway:

Tiger

Reaction score
HoganEnergy-B.gif

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For curiosity's sake, I just watched the video of his "return match" over in Spain. Lord, that was depressing.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome! It's actually really cool that your dad worked at the LoC, as well. You learn something new everyday. :thepope:

Man, I can only imagine what kinda bat-shit crazy Ultimate Warrior advice that dude put in that book. :lol:

The best part was hearing my dad describe how 'normal' he was on the phone. My dad's quite the grammar Nazi in his own right (at least I come by it honestly!), so for him to refer to anybody as "very well spoken" is quite the compliment to one's eloquence. I was thoroughly surprised. :lol:

')