Why is There Not a Thread Already--Resident Evil 6!

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Anyone else fucking stoked for this release?

I am going to grab the anthology--being new to PS3, having all six games for a damn good price (including my $10 off code that will be coming with Borderlands 2) and play through all six games for nostalgic value.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Dude, yes. I can't wait for actual zombies again.

EDIT: Did not know about the Anthology Edition (or Archives Edition for us xbox users) and this is gonna be fucking awesome. RE 4 HD FTW.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I know--I can't wait. I am looking forward to RE4 HD as well :agreed:

It doesn't hurt to have the three games that gave me nightmares as a child included in the pack as well :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain we had a big RE thread somewhere around here? Regardless, 4 is fantastic, 5 is fun albeit short, and 6 will hopefully be just as good as the previous two were. I never played 1-3 :ugh:

Pav

???
Reaction score
The first 3 REs were all truly terrifying growing up. I've been a fan ever since, regardless of how much sleep I lost because of them. 4 stole countless hours of my life and 5 had some great gameplay, despite the less-than-scary atmosphere. I'll be all over this game when it releases. Hell, I may just have to dive into the demo now!

beneharris

Reaction score
oh crap i had no idea about the anthology. I'm in for just that alone. :yesway: Thanks for posting this, I had no idea!

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I'm excited as hell for this. I love the Resident Evil series, as twisted and sort of dumb as the metastory has become. I need to get my gaming stuff back, there's way too much going in the world of video games that I'm missing right now.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
oh crap i had no idea about the anthology. I'm in for just that alone. :yesway: Thanks for posting this, I had no idea!

No problem man :yesway:

@ MFB: You should definitely play the first three. Despite their poo graphics, they are great games, and have ridiculous "holy shit" jump-from-fright value at times. That, and RE 1 is ridiculously hard, and enormous, for a PS1 title.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I loved 2 as a kid, but for some reason never got into it after that.

Played 4 for a night at a friends place on the Wii which was pretty cool, but ridiculously hard :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
No problem man :yesway:

@ MFB: You should definitely play the first three. Despite their poo graphics, they are great games, and have ridiculous "holy shit" jump-from-fright value at times. That, and RE 1 is ridiculously hard, and enormous, for a PS1 title.

I'm not sure if Sony owns the rights to the first ones or not, but if they don't I'll check to see if the Anthology will be coming/is out on 360 as well.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Sony owns the rights to the first ones or not, but if they don't I'll check to see if the Anthology will be coming/is out on 360 as well.

It isn't--at least, archives does not include them. It has Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD feature film), Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition and Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X HD.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
As cool as the anthology idea is, I have no desire to revisit any of the games included besides RE4 HD and I still have my gamecube version that works just fine.

beneharris

Reaction score
360 users are getting absolutely shafted on the deal :lol:

Here are the games included for both systems.
RESIDENT EVIL 6 ANTHOLOGY (PS3)
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
RESIDENT EVIL 6 ARCHIVES (360)
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD
Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD film)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ology-editions-to-include-past-re-titles.aspx

Reaction score
I never played 1-3 :ugh:

What?! Did you skip ages 6-9? Nah, I'm just kiddin', man. :lol:

But, they're good games. If you enjoy screaming "OH, SHIT!", and extremely creepy music(Oh, god. RE 2 had the creepiest score of any game imo) then play 'em, brah. :yesway:

PS Did the RE series help anyone else become a more organized person as it did with me? My attache cases were always perfectly organized and had to be reorganized as new items were obtained. haha Especially in RE4.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've never played it, but I've heard the same from people who have. I'm am definitely up there with one of the most anal RE item organizers though. haha I constantly rearranged to make it perfect. lol

This would bother me

e1fbl4.jpg

While this looks a little more me

330s8sg.jpg

:lol:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Holy crap, I didnt know about the Anthology edition....SO GOING TO GET THIS!! :scream:

STARS!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck the Anthology on 360, I'll just snag it for my PS3 then since they're screwing us out of the 3 games I wanted it for and charging the same cost (I imagine)

Guess that means I'll just have to suck up having RE6 on PS3 as well, but whatever, maybe I'll just trade it for a copy on 360 :lol:

Mexi

Reaction score
iffy controls and constant reminders of whether or not I wanted to pick up a CLEARLY CRUCIAL item throughout the games sorta turned me off the early games, though I do recall playing the 2nd one quite a bit.

')