Why is There Not a Thread Already--Resident Evil 6!

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
heck i want the anthology just for RE4, i never did get to play that one, but i imagine the mechanics are roughly the same as RE5

DEFINITELY looking forward to getting my mitts on RE6, looks like those late nights of 4 am gamage shall return

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
RE6 looks promising, would like to see if capcom takes concepts from the RE's zero through three and applies them to six. There was nothing wrong with four and five, they just don't have the fear/scare factors that were prevalent in the originals. I really enjoyed some of the older concepts like inventory management with only six slots, the ammunition/healing item starvation, and having to make choices which sometimes involved picking the one that had the least amount of suck (vs. the one that was the best)

RE revelations did a reasonable job of combining quite a bit of the completely different elements of the different RE games in the series, and would like to see six expand on that with more of the bullet sweating choices that you had to make in RE0 to RE3. RE revelations could've ventured a little more into the survival side of things with a little more ammunition starvation, more resilient infected, and the harsh inventory management from the first three RE's ... but revelations was still hitting it out of the park though.

one of the things I enjoyed the most was having the two screens on my 3DS being used well. having the top screen with no HUD elements and using the amount of blood splatter onscreen to show you how you were doing healthwise has to be the best way RE has chosen to handle the health bar in any RE game. I though the slow loss of colour and addition of blood as damage increased was very itting

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the earlier titles will be remastered like Ico and SOTC? Either way, I can't wait to fire rockets at the Tyrant again.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
I'll probably be picking it up too :D
As a kid I couldn't do resident evil. scared me a lot.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Def wanna ge this but i think i'll wait for it to come down in price, i've beena stingey gamer of late, Halo 4 on the other hand will get my money opening

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
they said anything about changing the control scheme? I always hated that survival horror steering your character like they are a tank thing.. and it got totally out of control with RE5. run and gun style game with plodding terrible controls. hate the controls, always have, have never played a RE game because of it. I think I got about a quarter of the way through RE4 and that was the furthest I ever made it in one

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Very much the same controls, but you can do things like drop to the ground, and roll. It's formatted somewhat like Gears of War (the running, leaning against walls, hiding behind walls). There's a free RE 6 demo if you want to try it out.

Picking up my copy in a couple minutes :cool:

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Just had to wait an hour and 30 minutes for it haha, was not expecting that long of a line. Now, it's time to kill some zombies :metal:

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are lucky--mine won't be here until this afternoon.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to play it until today--it arrived close to nine last night.
I'm currently playing Leon's story.

The controls are the obvious problem--like all RE games, they're a bit clunky. Also the head shot mechanic still sucks.

My only other problem with the game is that at times things turn in to a clusterfuck. It seems like they wanted to take a page out of Left 4 Dead's book, but without making the zombies so easy to kill--thus making combat frustrating, especially at times when you get overwhelmed by various zombies, including the fat ones that take dozens of shots to kill, in a tiny ass space where you can't move to avoid getting the tar beaten out of you.

Other than those issues, I'm actually really enjoying the game thus far :yesway:

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
My co-op buddy and I were really excited for it because we had a blast with 5, but after hearing so many complaints from people, we decided not to gamble with the 60 bucks and get Borderlands 2 instead. I'll probably still pick it up when it gets a little cheaper.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Finished Leon's campaign today, and all I can say is--most disappointing gaming experience of my life.

The game had its good points, but it was more frustrating than anything else. You feel as if you are interrupting a movie during the short spans of time you aren't stuck watching cut scenes or doing those godawful quick-time scenes, and the boss battles are, for the most part, pointless, as you cannot actually kill the boss--you are just expected to waist enough ammo to trigger yet another cut scene.

More than anything, I just feel wronged. This was not a RE game--it was a terrible bucket full of cliches and poor action game bits and pieces.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Well the whole Resident Evil series is a bucket full of cliches. :lol: But I'll take my old cliches (zombies, large bugs, mansions, one specific tool which you can't complete the game without , etc.) over the new ones.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
If that's one of the campaigns then I guess I'll hold off until the price drops even though this wasn't much of a priority to begin with :lol: Looks like Halo 4 and probably ACIII will be my big Winter game purchases.

')