Why is There Not a Thread Already--Resident Evil 6!

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Well the whole Resident Evil series is a bucket full of cliches. :lol: But I'll take my old cliches (zombies, large bugs, mansions, one specific tool which you can't complete the game without , etc.) over the new ones.

Exactly why everything after RE 2 never actually happened.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Finished Leon's campaign today, and all I can say is--most disappointing gaming experience of my life.

The game had its good points, but it was more frustrating than anything else. You feel as if you are interrupting a movie during the short spans of time you aren't stuck watching cut scenes or doing those godawful quick-time scenes, and the boss battles are, for the most part, pointless, as you cannot actually kill the boss--you are just expected to waist enough ammo to trigger yet another cut scene.

More than anything, I just feel wronged. This was not a RE game--it was a terrible bucket full of cliches and poor action game bits and pieces.

That's a shame, dude. I was actually excited for this game until I heard what everyone was saying after it came out. I played through the demo with my co-op buddy and it seemed decent. I'm guessing it gets really shitty after that?

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
That's a shame, dude. I was actually excited for this game until I heard what everyone was saying after it came out. I played through the demo with my co-op buddy and it seemed decent. I'm guessing it gets really shitty after that?

Yeah. You literally put down your controller to watch cut-scenes every couple of minutes. There are some of the most annoying quick-time events ever (one where you have to climb an elevator shaft using a method the game does not explain to you, and you fall constantly--it takes fifteen minutes at the very least). The combat, when you are allowed to fight, is worse than any of the previous RE games. It basically feels as if they took RE4, rolled in around in manure, and gift wrapped it.

I already sold my copy.

sentagoda

A serious man
Reaction score
well, finshied leon campaign. Wow what a crap campaign. I thought RE 5 was bad. But still have to finish those other two campaigns. Still, RE is sadly not what it used to be.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
well, finshied leon campaign. Wow what a crap campaign. I thought RE 5 was bad. But still have to finish those other two campaigns. Still, RE is sadly not what it used to be.

I couldn't even stomach the other campaigns--I simply sold it after Leon's, seeing as I started Chris's and it felt like a bad Gears of War or CoD imitation--of course, with scarcely any ammo available for the 5862685 enemies you have to fight :lol:

Semichastny

Reaction score
I liked the first 3 games, though I do feel the controls were a cheap way of raising the tension.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
There are some really frustrating bits where you just die without being able to respond. There's a part in the subway where your partner just says 'watch out, train' and WHAM you're instantly dead. A while later an ambulance randomly crashes into you. The only way to avoid them is by not being in their path at the time the cutscene starts. Also the amount of times I've been stuck using my knife because of lack of ammo is annoying, especially on bosses.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
There are some really frustrating bits where you just die without being able to respond. There's a part in the subway where your partner just says 'watch out, train' and WHAM you're instantly dead. A while later an ambulance randomly crashes into you. The only way to avoid them is by not being in their path at the time the cutscene starts. Also the amount of times I've been stuck using my knife because of lack of ammo is annoying, especially on bosses.

Wait until you have to climb the elevator shaft rope; you'll be pulling your hair out by the handful.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I was counting down the days to this...until the reviews started rolling in and it seems the game is just not along the lines of what a RE title should be. I'd still like to play this but I'm damn hesitant about spending any money at all on it given how the reactions have been beyond mixed thus far, to say the least. Shame, I even liked 5 quite a bit.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I'm selling my copy tomorrow. But does anybody remember when zombies couldn't use guns?

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Ya, but I think in 5 they only had them towards the end didn't they?

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Ya, but I think in 5 they only had them towards the end didn't they?

Yep, those bastards were annoying to kill when you had to fight off other enemies that confronted you.

I'm liking Leon's campaign so far. I'm playing more for the story than the actual gameplay, as I've always been interested in the RE world, but the gameplay isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It just takes some getting used to and putting the settings to your own style.

The soundtrack of Resident Evil games is always good though :yesway:

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I'm liking Leon's campaign so far. I'm playing more for the story than the actual gameplay, as I've always been interested in the RE world, but the gameplay isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It just takes some getting used to and putting the settings to your own style.

The soundtrack of Resident Evil games is always good though :yesway:

See, I'm the opposite; I don't think I should have to adjust my playing to a game. A game should feel smooth and it should be interactive. Not to mention it should feel like a game. I think I said it before, but I literally felt that, during the short periods of time the game allowed me to control anything, I was interrupting a CGI movie.

What I think they tried to to was tie together Heavy Rain (very poorly), CoD, Left 4 Dead and Uncharted, and they just did a very, very poor job of literally everything--keeping old game mechanics that didn't work, not spending any time working out bugs on new game mechanics, ignoring the combat problem areas and even thinking for a moment that having over forty Quick Time events (I lost count at forty during Leon's campaign alone) was a good idea. I have never sold a game so close to purchase in my life. Again, these are all my opinions.

And if you listen close, they used a ton of the songs from Arkham City :lol:

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Took my sweet time and finished Leon's campaign.

They really need to cut back on the punchlines... :lol:, the conversations are hard to take seriously when all you hear Leon say is "Ada?!", "Who did this!", and "Where is she!?".

The camera and AI got on my nerves sometimes, but I could bear with it for the most part. Graphics were good, the scenery and the way the stories link up were also good. I can understand the CGI issue, sometimes I would prefer to just chill back and watch instead of having to smash the x button repeatedly. Also, fuck the rope parts :lol:

They might have put too much weight on their shoulders for this one though. 4 campaigns, a new mode (Agent Hunt which I heard sucks), Mercenaries, an entirely new website dedicated to the game, and some other stuff. On top of that, they moved the original release date up. Still, I think it came out quite good, but I guess the main issue that people have with the game is that it's quantity over quality for RE6.

')