Why isn't the name ......... said?

• Thread starter VacantPlanet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
Hi, I was looking around in old threads and noticed that a luthier who used to be pretty prominent on here isn't mentioned by name more. I was around when he still was, but I took a break from ss.org for a while and after I came back he had been banned and no one will say his name? I was just curious at what happened to turn him into Voldemort, lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To make a long story short, he went mad after he was told to follow the same rules that dozens of other builders follow, he thought his high post count meant he was entitled to his own rules. He requested a permanent ban and for the majority of his posts to be removed from the board, we complied.

Subsequently, he decided to sign up using several duplicate accounts to either still shill his wares or to just troll/harass those on the board. This has all be pretty much proven thanks to checking IP addresses and sign-up emails.

After he was called out, he pretty much said he never wanted to be mentioned here again, as such his name is now filtered and any of his stuff posted here is removed, as requested.

If you search for him around the web you'll actually find tons of other forums in which the same has happened. He gets called out for either not following the rules or someone asks him a tough question, or just about any question for that matter, about his guitar/builds and he goes off the handle, deletes his posts, and then asks for a ban.

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
Wow...that sounds pretty nuts. I had no idea what was the deal and I have to say, I'm not dissapointed, lol. Shame, I always enjoyed the pics of his guitars.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to post towards the end of his time here, he wasn't a bad guy. He just cared way way waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much about how people view him on the net and couldn't take any criticism. It seemed like something snapped in him though. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.