Why Trivium Gets So Much Hate?

• Thread starter Johann
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I liked ascendancy when it came out, even when I thought that the vocals were awful, I liked the music. But then came the whole "Trivium phenomenon" with The Crusade (which sucks), in which they even appeared as ¿soldiers? in a magazine cover, bearing the flag of saviours of metal.

I mean, c'mon there's an excessive repercussion on the media for a band that's average at best. I put them in the same place as Dragonforce. They get a fucking lot of media pressence, but they are average bands, and that's why people hates them. People gets pissed because great bands (such Nevermore, for instance) don' have the recognition they deserve, while mediocre bands are always in magazines, interviews, and so on...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reece Fullwood

Guitar Gymnast
Reaction score
At first i was against Trivium like every other person was, just coz it was the coolest thing to do haha, few years ago i was like 15 or sumet, but now they realised the new album, its real good album. i quite liked the crusade too, its just taste really. :)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, I liked ascendancy when it came out, even when I thought that the vocals were awful, I liked the music. But then came the whole "Trivium phenomenon" with The Crusade (which sucks), in which they even appeared as ¿soldiers? in a magazine cover, bearing the flag of saviours of metal.

I mean, c'mon there's an excessive repercussion on the media for a band that's average at best. I put them in the same place as Dragonforce. They get a fucking lot of media pressence, but they are average bands, and that's why people hates them. People gets pissed because great bands (such Nevermore, for instance) don' have the recognition they deserve, while mediocre bands are always in magazines, interviews, and so on...
it's who sells stuff man. Nevermore isn't my favourite band but they've got a band of ugly dudes, the matt dude was pretty good looking as far as band head guys go so it's obvious who bought a lot of those magazines :lol:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I like Trivium. The album "Acsendancy" was a great cd which showed alot of potential for a new band. There next release "The Crusade" In my opinion was horrible, and as Sakeido said earlier, I was at that Lamb Of God show in NY where I was soo disappointed with there set. With there new release "Shogun" I think they make and excellent comeback, and as for there live show I will let you know after tonight where I will be seeing them in New Haven CT.

Johann

Midnight Walker
Reaction score
I like Trivium. The album "Acsendancy" was a great cd which showed alot of potential for a new band. There next release "The Crusade" In my opinion was horrible, and as Sakeido said earlier, I was at that Lamb Of God show in NY where I was soo disappointed with there set. With there new release "Shogun" I think they make and excellent comeback, and as for there live show I will let you know after tonight where I will be seeing them in New Haven CT.

sweeeeeet, be sure to write a little review of the show later/tomorrow! :)

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
it's who sells stuff man. Nevermore isn't my favourite band but they've got a band of ugly dudes, the matt dude was pretty good looking as far as band head guys go so it's obvious who bought a lot of those magazines :lol:

So what? I'd still bone Loomis just to boast about having done it with a dude that plays kick ass guitar, even if I'm entirely straight and even if he isn't that great looking:lol:

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
My last girlfriend actually looked like Jeff Loomis!
It's a fact I was blissfully unaware of until I picked up an old copy of G1 saw his face and realised what had been bugging me about her face for about a month..............................I dumped her pretty damn quickly after that!

controversyking

ss.org regular
Reaction score
Here's my view of the Trivium hate-

They put out two awesome albums with a metalcore/thrashy style to it. After ascendancy they BLEW UP... on all the magazines.. Dime's wife gives them Dime's guitars and dean picks them up..
Their next album they COMPLETELY change their style and put out the crusade which IMO sounds terrible. Heafy could not figure out how to sing and the way the album was mixed sounds bad.

Bands ALWAYS get hate when they try a new direction reguardless, but when your a band put in the spotlight, you change dramatically, and put out a bad record you get TONS of hate.

It went from the "popular thing" to like trivium, to the popular thing to bash them.

I'm a fan of Ascendancy and Embers to Inferno, but despise the album the Crusade its bad.
It sounded like they were trying to make some other bands music andforced as opposed to natural and letting it flow, terrible vox, bad mix, etc
That being said, I recently picked up Shogun and its AMAZING.

Its not as heavy as Ascendancy but it is GREAT none the less. The guitar on it kicks ass (good call switching to 7 strings) the drums are great, and heafy finally found his singing voice.

The songs all sound very original and it feels like a trivium song, not like a trivium-trying-to-be-metallica song. Definately a style/ thrashy genre of its own that everyone should check out.
*my only complaint on the album is I feel like its mixed a lil to bassy. Either the bass is turned up, the mids are scooped slightly, or they made the CD at too high a volume. Its not a big problem, just a lil complaint I have because I think it hurts the clarity of ir some.

Songs to check are Down from the Sky, Kirisute Gomen, and In the Mouth of Hell

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
So I just saw Trivium last night and they were amazing! I have seen them once before with LOG and the were sloppy and the changed all the vocals around so there was no screaming. In my opinion Trivium is definitely made a solid comback after a bad album "The Crusade" and poor live preformance. Shogun as I am sure most of you have heard is a great album and if you don't have it pick it up.

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
I like new and old but I preffered old becuase it was their sound, when they got rid of the screams it seems like they tried to go more mainstream and it never sounded like teh same band again although I enjoy all of their albums.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Trivium is a good band, to me. I was going apeshit about them back in 05 because of Ascendancy. Very good record if you ask me. But I was disappointed with Crusade. It had good riffing, good soloing but it was meh overall. I wasn't excited about Shogun but I'm absolutly addicted to this record! FUCKING GREAT STUFF! :hbang::hbang:

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Huh, I like Ascendancy and The Crusade but I absolutely hate Shogun. I guess there's no accounting for taste...

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm indifferent to their music.

There are interviews where I think the band members come off as D bags though.

Johann

Midnight Walker
Reaction score
i love shogun and the rest of their stuff do they play 7's?

holy bump batman! :D

answering your question, yes, they do in some songs in the crusade (Becoming the dragon, contempt breeds contamination, this world can't tear us apart, and sadness will sear and the crusade) and all songs but like callisto in shogun :)

')