Why Trivium Gets So Much Hate?

• Thread starter Johann
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

liquidcow

Reaction score
I don't hate Trivium, they just do absolutely nothing for me and I cannot see the appeal one bit, there is nothing for me to be interested in with their music*. For this reason, I find it completely incomprehensible that anyone can be as passionate about them as their fans obviously are, and find it somewhat irritating that they're getting so much credit and attention for basically nothing at all.

*although actually, I do find the vocals quite annoying. Apart from that I neither like nor actively dislike anything about them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
I think people hate them because they for some reason have this big hype surrounding them and when people finally here them.... it's just a big let down. They kinda suck and I can't understand how a band at their level was able to get such hype and status without offering many sexual favors.

Tukaar

Bringer of DOOOOOOOM
Reaction score
Because The Absence > Trivium.

The Absence= Great thrash. (Even though they're melodic death metal.)

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
I dislike Trivium since they've brought out Shogun. Ascendancy and The Crusade were some pretty damn good metal albums, especially with the Dream Theater influences on The Crusade. I love how they used 7s on Shogun but I hated every single song on that album. Trust me. I tried hard to like it. :(

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I gave them a chance cuz I had a student who loves them. I'm hoping the kids who love Trivium get into their influences as well = gateway to real metal.

I've seen this happen before, some of my students got into real metal like Machine Head (lent my student a copy of the Blackening and was hooked), Necrophagist and old Metallica after going through all the new acts like Bullet for my Valentine and Dragonforce. It also helps when I'm showing them the good stuff after Trivium has quenched their thirst.

goalie39

Reaction score
ur totally right. About 6 years ago, I started listening to them and it opened a whole new world. I still like them but I agree that they aren't original

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think people hate them because they for some reason have this big hype surrounding them and when people finally here them.... it's just a big let down. They kinda suck and I can't understand how a band at their level was able to get such hype and status without offering many sexual favors.

Same thing happened to me.
I heard all this hype, I checked them up, and they didn't even get 1/4 of the way to living up to the hype IMO, a major disappointment.
I think they have a few goods songs, but that's it really.

Eric

Reaction score
I really liked them before he started singing like j.h.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not that I hate them, just the music that they make I find almost fatally boring. The two guitarists are obviously pretty talented (the documentary on the making of the Roadrunner United project pretty clearly shows that) but I just don't find the music gripping at all.

Spectral

Reaction score
Hello.

I love Trivium, They're my favorite band and their music has inspired me a lot.
I used to progress as a musician a lot when learning the older stuff of Trivium while I wasn't that good player back then.
I have always been wondering aswell why do they get so much hate.
I don't get why is ''The Crusade'' a metallica ripoff either, If people would actually listen the album more carefully they would realize it's not anything like metallica.
I think most people who hate on Trivium are these ''anti-metalcore'' boys who hate all the bands like Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying etc etc.

For me I respect Trivium's members a lot as musicians, They have incredible talent and it makes me sad when some people just have to hate on them narrow mindedly.

I like all of their albums a lot, And you can clearly see when you compare The Crusade or Shogun to Ember To Inferno and Ascendansy that they have gotten a lot better players. The riffs on the newest albums are wonderful in my opinion.

People who hate on Trivium have the right to do so and I respect their opinion, Just unfortunately over 50% of the people who don't like Trivium are just wannabe haters and have no facts to backup with their arguements against Trivium.

MNhahn

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of trivium, but I will say this. I went too mayhem fest in dallas. They were the Best sounding band there. Performance was great too! Only ones to get off the stage and into the crowd. Being a outdoor show some of the bands had a hard time fighting the wind, but they nailed it.

')