Why we're going to hell - Global Warming discussion

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
serously, if you want to eliminate greenhouse gasses... you might as well eliminate all life on this planet, since anything that lives and breathes, produces "greenhouse gasses"

that should take care of it:lol:

I think everyone is refering the % of greenhouse gasses that is caused by HUMANS. That is what is unbalancing the natural greenhouse gasses.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
serously, if you want to eliminate greenhouse gasses... you might as well eliminate all life on this planet, since anything that lives and breathes, produces "greenhouse gasses"

that should take care of it:lol:

Ok, are you just fucking with us, or are these your serious beliefs? :lol:

You remember the Oxygen Cycle from middle school earth science? Plants take in CO2 and release O2. Animals take in O2 and release CO2. They balance each other out, and the give and take this produces serves as a check on each side.

Where we're going wrong here is modern industrialization is dumping unheard-of ammounts of CO2 into the atmosphere as well as a whole slew of new non-naturally-occuring chemicals that also create a "greenhouse effect," so that the O2 cycle is being skewed in favor of CO2 in amounts that plants can't keep up with, because another sideproduct of industrialization is we are clearcutting forests and urbanizing the global landscape (an increase in supply coupled with a decrease in the ability to metabolize the supply), as well as having whole new elements added to the picture.

But I think you're just fucking with us and playing devl's advocate, aren't you? :)

Makelele

Reaction score
The increased temperatures caused by the increase of CO2 also causes enormous amounts of methane to be released from the seas, as the seas can't hold as much gas, and from frozen swamps in Siberia. This continues to fuel the greenhouse effect.

Briggs- Stop being a troll

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
enormous amounts of methane happens when one ingests too much mexican food. We need emissions checks for humans :lol:
:

Well, you know what?
I've read a study in a serious local newpapers that gasses produced by cows is becoming the number 1 cause of "bad greenhouse gasses" before cars (in our country, the great land of farmers, etc.).

We're just too much mass-producing cows and having them eat stuff they wouldn't eat normally.
Bizarre.

Look at this! Just found it:

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/NATURE/07/21/cow.methane.enn/index.html

What would happen if they'd eat tacos?

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
Well, you know what?
I've read a study in a serious local newpapers that gasses produced by cows is becoming the number 1 cause of "bad greenhouse gasses" before cars (in our country, the great land of farmers, etc.).

We're just too much mass-producing cows and having them eat stuff they wouldn't eat normally.
Bizarre.

Look at this! Just found it:

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/NATURE/07/21/cow.methane.enn/index.html

What would happen if they'd eat tacos?

too funny.........clean the air, eat more cows...

medium rare ribeye, anyone?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's actually true, Mr. A French Name, and one of the few justifications for a vegetarian diet I actually buy (that it takes like 40 pounds of grain and god knows how much potable water to produce 1 pound of beef, and in the process massive amounts of methane are released into the atmosphere).

And Briggs, come on man, if you want to play Devil's advocate then I'm cool with that, but argue, don't just make smart-assed one-liners. :fawk:

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
That's actually true, Mr. A French Name, and one of the few justifications for a vegetarian diet I actually buy (that it takes like 40 pounds of grain and god knows how much potable water to produce 1 pound of beef, and in the process massive amounts of methane are released into the atmosphere).

And Briggs, come on man, if you want to play Devil's advocate then I'm cool with that, but argue, don't just make smart-assed one-liners. :fawk:

better a smart-ass, than a dumb-ass

oops, was that a one liner? he he he

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
he he he:lol: , maybe I can consult with you on what type of fish to be reincarnated to.

I suggest a top tier predator like a mako shark or something:rofl:

Nah, then you get mercury poisoning (from being at the top of the food chain) or are "accidentally" killed by fishermen.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
This is just based on what I've watched on Discovery channel...but I think the poles reversing their polarity is a much bigger threat.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, we don't have to worry. i was listening to Rush today, and he said the Liberal Media made up global warming. We can close the thread now!

')