Wife said she is leaving me

• Thread starter OhMyGoliath
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I've never been married, so I can't really give you much advice there. Best advice I CAN give you is to listen to jymellis. He's our resident Yoda on quite a few of life's issues. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Of course noone knows the specifics and details of your marriage better than you.
My best advice to you is to have patience.
Take care of yourself first and foremost.
You may find that your wife will want to return to you and work on your marriage.
You may find that you do not.
Only time will tell.
You can't live the rest of your life in one evening.
And always remember that no matter what the outcome-
You will be ok..

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
I have been through a similar situation myself.

I handled it VERY poorly. I was perpetually drunk, I fucked anything that moved, and blew every dollar I had. Took me a while to get out of my funk, and looking back, I made some very very very very stupid decisions, some potentially life changing (diseases, money problems, potentially career ruining).

You're way ahead of me, talking about it to people is a good way to figure things out. Its a tough road, and its a long road, but you will survive. I hope you figure things out, and I don't know you at all, but if you want to chat man, just send me a pm.

OhMyGoliath

Reaction score
Thank you all for your support and responses.
And I have spent the entire day with my friends who made me feel much better about things.
Don't get me wrong I feel like shit and tonight is going to be weird sleeping alone.
I just have to wait for her to contact me to let me know whats next.

Inverted11

Reaction score
One of my boys got married just a month before we deployed to Afghanistan. I told him. We all told him. 2 weeks before we come home he finds out she cheated on him. He really loved her. Now he gets all kinds of strange...Spend time with your friends and enjoy your life: no need to fix a broken radio - get a new one! (I made that one up and I think it's gonna stick!)

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
One of my boys got married just a month before we deployed to Afghanistan. I told him. We all told him. 2 weeks before we come home he finds out she cheated on him. He really loved her. Now he gets all kinds of strange...Spend time with your friends and enjoy your life: no need to fix a broken radio - get a new one! (I made that one up and I think it's gonna stick!)

You fucking serious man? Keep this shit to yourself, thats not helping anything.

Inverted11

Reaction score
You fucking serious man? Keep this shit to yourself, thats not helping anything.
I sure am Serious! The best way to handle a situation like this is to be positive and optimistic. Get over yourself.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
I sure am Serious! The best way to handle a situation like this is to be positive and optimistic. Get over yourself.

This is all you needed to say. His wife isnt a "Broken radio". And I'll "get over myself" when you stop acting like an immature frat boy.

edit: P.S. I've been in his shoes, until you have "walked the walk" I will kindly ask you to shut the hell up.

Inverted11

Reaction score
This is all you needed to say. His wife isnt a "Broken radio". And I'll "get over myself" when you stop acting like an immature frat boy.
I don't think you know a first thing about me. I have counseled young adults on matters like this many times and I don't think being a master at 'online wizardry' gives you such a standpoint.
P.S. And yes, I HAVE been in his shoes as well; like I said you speak before you know what's going on - much of the problem with America nowadays!

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think you know a first thing about me. I have counseled young adults on matters like this many times and I don't think being a master at 'online wizardry' gives you such a standpoint.

We're done. If you wish to continue your childish behavior, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')