Will I fry my pro tone pedal? What power supply should I use?

• Thread starter Jaimie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jaimie

Pinkie Anchorer
Reaction score
Hi,
Got my misha attack overdrive for a review after waiting 13 weeks! I have a regular Boss style power supply and convinced I may fry it. Here's a pic. I am pretty sure that PTP use 9 volt negative tip. Is that what this power supply is??
11117518_884900798233675_2020825931_n.jpg
Thanks!
J

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that is negative tip.

Stooly

Reaction score
From what I've been told, the 9v output is important, but even more so the mA rating that is output. It looks like that one is 500 mA. Find out what mA rating the pedal takes and match that as close as you can.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've been told, the 9v output is important, but even more so the mA rating that is output. It looks like that one is 50 mA. Find out what mA rating the pedal takes and match that as close as you can.

500mA output, the 50mA is the input.

Stooly

Reaction score
500mA output, the 50mA is the input.

My bad, Fixed :flame: My point stands though. I did fry a Rocktron Hush IIX rack unit years ago hooking up a different power supply. Not entirely sure that it wasn't a coincidence though.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
oh and another correction, you don't have to match amperage, you just have to supply as much as the pedal needs, the power supply can be rated for higher amperage just fine. Voltage is what you have to be concerned with.

')