Will the Voodoo Lab be right for me?

• Thread starter Milo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

Reaction score
Sorry for the naivety but I just dont get electricity that well.
Im looking for a power supply for my rack and reading about SAG and all the different voltages it can handle just confused me. I tried reading other threads but it didnt clear much up.

I have;

Boss ns2
current draw
20 mA
DC 9V

Line 6 G50
300mA
DC 9V

Maxon od808
5ma-6ma
DC9-10V

and if possible phantom power my Midimate at 9VAC. Unsure of mA.
Couldnt find it in the manual.
Can the pedal power 2 plus do that for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey

Reaction score
Sorry for the naivety but I just dont get electricity that well.
Im looking for a power supply for my rack and reading about SAG and all the different voltages it can handle just confused me. I tried reading other threads but it didnt clear much up.

I have;

Boss ns2
current draw
20 mA
DC 9V

Line 6 G50
300mA
DC 9V

Maxon od808
5ma-6ma
DC9-10V

and if possible phantom power my Midimate at 9VAC. Unsure of mA.
Couldnt find it in the manual.
Can the pedal power 2 plus do that for me?

If those 3 pedals are all you have and want, then the Pedal Power II plus will do that and more. You could even daisy chain the Maxon and the Boss so one outlet powers both of them leaving you with 7 more outlets. For the Line 6 I think you will have to use outlets 5 and 6 together(using a joint connection) and have them set to 'High'. I'm looking at the Cioks DC10 which has 10 outlets(which two of them capable of 400mA each and two outlets at 200mA each) and has switchable voltage(I'm in Australia too). Not sure about the Midimate but you could probably power it via the courtest outlet on the Pedal Power II+.

Milo

Reaction score
Yeah Im just looking for whatever can handle that mA.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
I actually run quite a few more pedals from mine than you are going to from yours. It worked without a hitch.

The *only* issue I had was when I bought my Nova pedals from TCE. They have a higher voltage / current, so I ended up using the PPII on my pedalboard, and a T Rex Fuel Tank on my racked pedals (which include my 3 Novas).

Short of that though, my PPII will power everything I own.

For the Line 6 I think you will have to use outlets 5 and 6 together(using a joint connection) and have them set to 'High'.

I don't think so...I have a G30 that runs off a standard 9v connection. Not sure about the G50 but I'll check on that right quick.

Milo

Reaction score
that'd help heaps!

last time I changed to a power supply with a lower mA the sound cut out etc

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Get a Daisy chain and use the power adapter from the G50.

The Line 6 power supply has a 500mA supply which is enough to power everything.

The midimate will need a midi cable for phantom power. you could run the midimate off the daisey chain too depending on the mA consumption.

Milo

Reaction score
Not too keen on daisy chaining it with the overdrive as it can create some hum no?

')