Winspear Instrumental Company

• Thread starter Winspear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gingerman

Reaction score
Yes, with the estimated shipping date now in the past. I am OK with things changing, it is just about uncertainty of the order status and latest ETA

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Yes, with the estimated shipping date now in the past. I am OK with things changing, it is just about uncertainty of the order status and latest ETA

Hi, thanks for the order! You can always reach me quickly on email or Facebook if I'm not checking in here :) What was the estimated date on the preorder - did you get that from the Shipping page? I know there was a period when I let it get a few days behind as the preorder system is still very new and I'm just getting into the routine of updating the estimates :) I do have you written down in my book for the 27th though, sorry if the estimate you saw was a few days earlier! As always I am working as fast as I can to keep up - your order will certainly ship no later than the weekend. I would not be surprised if I reach you today actually, as I'm about to get going on a 12 hour session :hbang:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I was using Dragonsheart picks for a while until I picked up a Winspear (with a StringDrop subscription). Haven't touched another pick since. Now I've got 2 with the second being slightly thicker than the first; but I love them both.

Thanks dude! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Tom has my nuts in his hands.

No really, he makes the nuts for my guitars. Tom's been asaint and an absolute joy to work with. Buy all his stuff.

I like the thin amber shuriken - going to order 10.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Tom has my nuts in his hands.

No really, he makes the nuts for my guitars. Tom's been asaint and an absolute joy to work with. Buy all his stuff.

I like the thin amber shuriken - going to order 10.

:hbang::hbang: Thanks Brian dude, can't wait to see these guitars coming to life

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
What's the best/ fastest way to order in USA? Are there some US retailers that people are using? I'm not on FB and a quick search only reveals demos, ebay, Aussie retailers, Winspear site, etc.

I'd love to purchase this batch ( below). Thanks for any assistance.

Just tonight I've put up for sale a new batch of my Amber Standard series, thinner engraved picks that I'll be making many of this year. They've sold out overnight a couple of times now but I've got unlimited stock going for the next 10 days.

Winspear_Starter_pack_1024x1024.jpg

stevexc

Reaction score
Winspear site is the quickest, most direct way to order. I don't believe Tom has any US dealers yet.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Correct, no US dealers as of yet I'm afraid. My displayed preorder date at the moment is worst-case too - I'm currently shipping quite a way ahead of it :) That's the 'starter bundle' and only available on the site when the Amber Standards are in stock. However, if you want to place an order for an Amber Broadsword III and two Icegrip Shiv IV and leave a note saying Starter Bundle, I will swap an Icegrip Shiv out for the two engraved picks and make some new ones :)
Save

EarlWellington

Reaction score
Pretty quick turnaround with ordering... got them in australia ahead of when I was expecting. Very happy

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Good to hear! :)
Sorry JimF - Everything is made to order. Usually that's just a 1 or 2 day process but I have a big order queue at the moment with some workshop upgrades and paternity leave for our first baby (due this week) scheduled in there!
I will be posting some updates here when things are totally back to normal and some new products are out :)
But you can always hop in the queue at any time if you fancy. It's up to a month long

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Good to hear! :)
Sorry JimF - Everything is made to order. Usually that's just a 1 or 2 day process but I have a big order queue at the moment with some workshop upgrades and paternity leave for our first baby (due this week) scheduled in there!
I will be posting some updates here when things are totally back to normal and some new products are out :)
But you can always hop in the queue at any time if you fancy. It's up to a month long

First off, congratulations! :hbang:

I was wondering if you could make a larger Shuriken? I bought a Shuriken and just got in the mail recently and it's a bit small for me (glad I didn't get the Mini). What I need are "XL" Shurikens. Something just a tad larger than the short side of the Battleaxe.

The Shuriken measured 31.3mm from point to point.
The Battleaxe measured 33.2mm from point to point on the short side.
So I'd think an XL would be something like 34-35mm from point to point.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Order placed! I was going to ask for an express service at extra cost (looming recording!) but with a fresh baby I understand!:lol:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
First off, congratulations! :hbang:

I was wondering if you could make a larger Shuriken? I bought a Shuriken and just got in the mail recently and it's a bit small for me (glad I didn't get the Mini). What I need are "XL" Shurikens. Something just a tad larger than the short side of the Battleaxe.

The Shuriken measured 31.3mm from point to point.
The Battleaxe measured 33.2mm from point to point on the short side.
So I'd think an XL would be something like 34-35mm from point to point.

Thanks :D Due today but looks like she's hanging on in there haha.
That is no problem, no extra charge :) Just leave a note upon checkout with your request.

Order placed! I was going to ask for an express service at extra cost (looming recording!) but with a fresh baby I understand!:lol:

Received, thanks very much :hbang: I will do my best :D

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Hi all! About time for an update
1f642.png

We are overjoyed to welcome a new member to the Winspear family - Evie Grace Winspear, born 30/3/17

17499046_803094603172987_6670418098103320568_n.jpg

You may have noticed that things have been quiet here for a while, along with a long order queue building on the webstore since November. Apologies for that, it's been very busy here! Further details at the end of this post.
Things have been all but quiet behind closed doors - just keeping my head down clearing all these orders as well as working on new shipments for our fantastic dealers in China and Australia - Check them out at;
http://www.yuanguitar.com/
https://www.peerlessmusic.com.au/

15781315_750599818422466_5827231512025115361_n.jpg

In addition to this, sample picks have been shipping for free with every Wired Guitarist StringDrop order - a fantastic new subscription service for tension optimized guitar strings! https://www.wiredguitarist.com/stringdrop/ Wired Guitarist

Also out this month are a batch of exclusive picks for customers of Horizon Devices by Misha Mansoor, shipping out the first preorders of their new overdrive/boost pedal, the Precision Drive - take a look! Horizon Devices http://horizondevices.com/product/precision-drive-preorder/

17522625_266526417139119_1400976804726130924_n.jpg

This month, I am still working, but taking some hours off to spend with our wonderful daughter. I will be clearing all preorders that came in before 28th March ahead of time - hopefully this week. I also have some workshop upgrades and product developments to implement that have been delayed for far too long.
Everything should be back to normal by mid May, with regular order fulfillment/no queue. More exciting limited products coming, along with some other announcements! You can still hop in the queue with a preorder this month if you wish (you will be able to see the estimated date of shipment as you checkout on the store), but the next few weeks will be spent making sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible from here on
1f642.png
:)
Thank you for your patience and support!
The Winspear Family

JSanta

Reaction score
Congrats Tom, she is lovely!!

I just placed my first order ever for the Amber Shiv with the taper. I have spent a great deal on picks when I had my Gypsy guitar, but not a lot of thought other than the Jazz III types from Dunlop for electric guitar. I just picked up a pack of the JP primetones, but picks are a fun way to experiment.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Are these worth buying in America or does the shipping make the price go too high? Also, as someone with zero experience with all of the different materials, which one is the best for someone with sweaty hands? I.e., most absorbant? The dragonsheart material has been good for this, as an example.