Winspear Instrumental Company

• Thread starter Winspear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
Just got my bloodstained bone pick. It looks pretty cool, it looks a lot more realistic than I'd imagined it would, honestly. The new logo design helps gripping the pick a lot, as I said to Winspear, he should make this new logo permanent. And it looks awesome in the red colour. The back of the pick is sort of sticky, in a good way that makes it feel like it's not going to slip at all, which is a real problem with me. Unfortunately, there's just a tiny chip on the top side of mine, but I can't feel it and it's in a place that wouldn't ever affect playability. Speaking of playability, I haven't actually gotten to use it yet since I'm at work, but it's pretty unique looking and it's my first bone pick so I might not even use it, just have it around because it looks cool. It's about half as thick as the Shiv I ordered when I'd first heard of these picks and I'll definitely be getting a custom Shiv pick with this thickness soon.

EDIT: I've just tried the bone pick on my guitar, it gives a brighter, bitey tone to my sound compared to my other Winspear picks. If he brings these out again next year, I'm definitely ordering more.

Last edited:

ixlramp

Reaction score
I know that Tom cannot reply here, i will contact him directly but i am looking for some user input first.

Conventional pick grip causes me pain in the base of my thumb so i use a different grip. I pinch a pick between the tip of my thumb and the pad / tip of my first finger, such that the pick is at 90 degrees to my thumb, hand and arm. Due to this i have 2 small points of contact in the centre of each side of the pick and am therefore very fussy about what goes on at those points, that is exactly where the 'W' logo is (i assume it is on one side only?).

I can see the logo is slightly recessed but i'm not sure how recessed it is, it's essential for me that the logo does not protrude above the flat surface of the pick, does it? Even better would be the logo being significantly recessed such that it creates a textured depression in the pick to act as a 'grip feature'.

Anyway one way or another i will be trying out a thick Shuriken. I have tried 4.1mm V Picks and 6mm Gravity Picks, both triangular, but those are from the USA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ixlramp

Reaction score
A sinister black envelope has appeared!
Oh wow this packaging and presentation ...

Very quick first impression of this big Bloodline Shuriken:
The V-Picks Dimension 4.1mm, Gravity Picks Stealth XL 6mm and TimberTones Star Tones black horn all have shallow angle bevels that make them 'catch' on a string a little, which also causes a little too much string excursion. This Winspear pick has steeper 45 degree bevels so passes over a string very nicely. This will certainly be one of my favourite picks.

I also have to mention the stunningly good customer service and responsiveness to emails.

oracles

Reaction score
Has anyone else become a total convert to the Fountainhead sig picks, or is it just me that fell totally in love with them? Since I got them a few months back, I haven't touched anything else. I underestimated what a difference the tapered thickness would make, but damn am I a convert now.

stevexc

Reaction score
Has anyone else become a total convert to the Fountainhead sig picks, or is it just me that fell totally in love with them? Since I got them a few months back, I haven't touched anything else. I underestimated what a difference the tapered thickness would make, but damn am I a convert now.
Haven't tried the Fountainhead ones, but have played many of his other similarly tapered picks. I almost can't play normal picks anymore.

I'm a believer, alright.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
banner.png

resin_1_1024x1024.JPG
future_series_resin_7_1024x1024.JPG

resin_2_1024x1024.JPG

I'm back :D Just want to say thanks for the above discussion and support whilst I was away!

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
Are your cables a permanent addition now? Every time I've wanted a cable and had the money, they were never available.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Are your cables a permanent addition now? Every time I've wanted a cable and had the money, they were never available.
Yes!
That's interesting though, could you elaborate in case there has been an error I've been unaware of? I launched them last October and as far as I'm aware they have been constantly available since (aside from the previous 2 months of entire website shut-down). Unless you mean my preorder dates when things get busy? May be worth noting that cables ordered without picks (or a very small number of picks) generally skip the preorder queue :D

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a bunch of different picks, after a Facebook buddy started raving about these a while back - excited to check them out!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I require some Stealth Shiv minis... I got the Shiv assortment a while ago and they are a bit longer than I like since I am used to Jazz IIIs but otherwise really cool.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Thanks both! :D
I require some Stealth Shiv minis... I got the Shiv assortment a while ago and they are a bit longer than I like since I am used to Jazz IIIs but otherwise really cool.
No problem - if you place an order you can leave a note in the cart for me to size them down , no issue at all ! :) 3mm taper may be nicer than 4mm at that size, up to you.

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
Yes!
That's interesting though, could you elaborate in case there has been an error I've been unaware of? I launched them last October and as far as I'm aware they have been constantly available since (aside from the previous 2 months of entire website shut-down). Unless you mean my preorder dates when things get busy? May be worth noting that cables ordered without picks (or a very small number of picks) generally skip the preorder queue :D

Yeah, it was the pre order dates.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks both! :D
No problem - if you place an order you can leave a note in the cart for me to size them down , no issue at all ! :) 3mm taper may be nicer than 4mm at that size, up to you.

Ordered. I did ask to have them thinned to 3mm as well :yesway:

I did use the "add note" in the cart but not seeing anything on any of the documentation for the order...

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
33923623_10160464718835494_6473504708601315328_n_1024x1024.jpg

Gildan T-Shirt with Halloween edition Winspear print :D
This is a pre-order for Halloween shipment.
Preorder closes Monday 1st October for shirts to go to print!
Customers ordering this shirt will receive a discount code and combined shipping for upcoming Halloween guitar picks if you wish to purchase them.
https://www.winspearinstrumental.com/products/halloween-merch-pre-order

Thanks!