Wintersun

• Thread starter Omerta989
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Seriously, this is the best album I have heard all year and it is fantastic! I can't imagine what it is going to sound like through my car.

But Jari has set the bar HIGH with this album and I cannot wait to hear the rest of it with Time 2!

The compositional stand point on this album is really good, and you have to look at it from a different perspective. But even from that it is quite good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sikthness

Reaction score
^He didn't write the album for you. Also, it's a concept album and divided in two parts so don't be so judgimental when you haven't technically even heard half of it. :noplease:

Im not targeting you specifically, but this "they wrote the album THEY wanted. its not for you" bs has to stop. This is a DISCUSSION forum. Where people can discuss, critique, praise, etc music. Not everyone will have the same opinion. Its ok. If someone doesnt like certain things about an album, thats ok. And its ok if they voice their opinion, on a discussion forum, that exists solely for people to voice their opinion, not to provide one sided praise for bands and musicians. Thats the beauty of music, and art in general, that which doesnt do anything for one person may be very well received by another.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Sons of winter and stars..............RRRRIIIISEEEE!!!!!!!

infinite goosebumps

Stealth7

Reaction score
On my first listen... AMAZING! :bowdown:

I need some decent speakers/sound system though as the small shitty speakers in my screen don't do it justice.

Edit: Trying to pre order it and their official shop isn't working and NB are all out of stock :wallbash:

Enselmis

Reaction score
As somebody who has listened to all of one Wintersun tune before hearing this album, I can safely say it is absolutely magnificent.

God.

Damn.

Reaction score
It's pretty much everything I had hoped for, and more! Yari must've added some powdered unicorn horn in there somewhere. Fuckin' amazing. You can just tell by listening just how much work went into this music. Years of his energy went into this and the payoff for us fans and the music itself is immense. It's so... BIG! People will be listening to this years from now and will still be blown away by it.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
I consider myself one of the biggest Wintersun fans on the face of the earth. I have probably listened through the first album a thousand times.

And I absolutely love Time 1. It's completely different, but so amazing, if you wanted another self-titled album with a million awesome solos and more riffs then you'll obviously be disappointed, but just take the music at face value and there's no denying that it is a masterpiece. These songs are not like songs, but more like orchestral journeys, honestly, they are fantastic. And judging by the song The Way of the Fire, which will be on the second half, Time 2 is gonna have more of that original Wintersun sound.

I think that together Time 1 and 2 will be on another level entirely, but alone, Time 1 is just amazing.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty much everything I had hoped for, and more! Yari must've added some powdered unicorn horn in there somewhere. Fuckin' amazing. You can just tell by listening just how much work went into this music. Years of his energy went into this and the payoff for us fans and the music itself is immense. It's so... BIG! People will be listening to this years from now and will still be blown away by it.

Yari? :squint:

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Thank you to this forum for introducing me to another truly amazing band!!! Just listened to Time I.....wow!!! Don't hate me cause I didn't have to wait 8 years for the new album though....:)

Eric

Reaction score
Haha. My bad, yo! I meant Jari. That's what happens when you post late at night, kinda tipsy, over enthused, and sleep deprived. =P

Must listen to this more. The production value is ridiculous. It even sounds good on my shitty Pioneer DJ headphones for work that make everything else sound like a woofy mess.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Got my special edition today. The dvd was actually a disappointment. The live part was great, but everything else sucked badly, imho. The t-shirt that came with it is quite cool.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I've been trying to ignore this album as to not hype it up too much and disappoint myself. I broke down and listened to it last night....

HAFHSDGFSHBFWELiufewqDVbogo78f67f7iyfgyuTD6Fydt7DYFLYfcuyFLYIGJSHGF;USDFJDSFP7FOYfyfolcYA;G7Fulif7F6dI7kufhjCHYFAyt776767676767glyf7FO7LFAl7i r666

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I've listened to the album dozens of times. I hadn't experienced the urge to do so since Radiance's album. I think my opinion pertaining this album is incredibly self-explanatory.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
So being new to Wintersun I apologize if this is already treaded water, but does anyone know what gear Jari used for the recording? Besides the Ibanez guitars of course. Are they tuned to D standard and Drop C for most of their stuff as well?

Repner

Reaction score
Looks like they're using Cubase for the DAW. Teemu said they used a whole bunch of different amps as well.

Latest posts

')