Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
If he doesn't get the money for his HQ from the crowdfunding, maybe Jari can try to become a producer to bring in the money? "High quality music production, delivery time estimated 20 years" :lol:

Dr. Acula

Reaction score
Yes... however Time II should have some kind of continuing theme along the lines of Time I. The Forest Seasons is also a theme album, but it obviously wasn't Time II.

The Way Of The Fire would fit there, also maybe "Storm", which they have also played live.

Yes this sounds good. Jari has all the contacts to put this out, but he wants to mix and master all himself in his own place. And it's endless. Maybe there's gonna be a song with that name. Endless/Time?

Dr. Acula

Reaction score
Jari's former band Ensiferum did album with Flemming Rasmussen. I think Jari needs a little bit of Bob Rock. But no. No no no :D

Metropolis

Reaction score
Jari's former band Ensiferum did album with Flemming Rasmussen. I think Jari needs a little bit of Bob Rock. But no. No no no :D

That was their sound 20 years ago, not the sound of Wintersun today. Iron still remains as their best album though... For example tonewise I didn't like at all what Ensiferum did with Anssi Kippo for example, total sound is way too natural and not modern enough. Jens Bogren mixed and mastered Thalassic, which did bring them back to better sounding albums. In their albums they have really interesting crew of credited artists and session musicians through their career.

Oh related to Ensiferum... I saw Markus, their founding guitarist in last year at Amorphis gig in Helsinki, dude was drunk as hell and he said that Jari is his best friend :lol: We may have talked something about Wintersun... or at least it was Ensiferum related before Petri.

Last edited:

Metropolis

Reaction score
Agreed. The sound of Wintersun today is 3-15 second long chugs on Instagram.

jari_fist.gif

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Iron still remains as their best album though... For example tonewise I didn't like at all what Ensiferum did with Anssi Kippo for example, total sound is way too natural and not modern enough. Jens Bogren mixed and mastered Thalassic, which did bring them back to better sounding albums. In their albums they have really interesting crew of credited artists and session musicians through their career.

Yeah, I don't like the production on Two Paths and One Man Army either. Most of the songs are pretty good, but the production doesn't suit the style imo. I did listen to those albums a lot back when they came out, but it took many many spins to get over the production style barrier.
Thalassic on the other hand just sounds awesome and has even better songs IMO.

But I can't really say Iron is their best album - it's up there, yes, but quite often I end up listening to Victory Songs or From Afar rather than it, because they're equally great albums. The singing took many steps backwards, yes, but the songs are IMO of the same caliber as on Iron.

Edika

Reaction score
Is the scale long enough to achieve the sound he's been wanting to experiment and emulate?

(The sound of all the fundraising earnings, and future earnings, being sucked into the singularity that is his ego)

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
An Aristides 060s costs 3095 euros. I am sure that Jari's was more expensive. So he spent at least 3k euros of crowdfunded money on a custom guitar that doesn't even come with a hardshell case?

Metropolis

Reaction score
An Aristides 060s costs 3095 euros. I am sure that Jari's was more expensive. So he spent at least 3k euros of crowdfunded money on a custom guitar that doesn't even come with a hardshell case?

That's like his apartments rent from three months, I bet he used crowdfunding money for that too! He uses that money for freaking everything! :lol:

#wintersunfacts #soyboyscryingaboutjari #ssorgconspiracy #anyguitarisnotgoodenough

Next you probably come and claim that guitar is 0.001% yours, because you participated to crowdfunding.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Man Met’s trolling is tiring work. Jari knows he misrepresented his intent. Or at least changed his mind once more than expected came in for zero output. And people are at this point more just annoyed at the audacity of his satirize towards delivering what was implied. It’s very Oreo-giving-one-less-cookie-per-row of him. In that no one is going to do anything about it, but they will whine on occasion.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I dont think Jari’s mom would work this hard to defend Jari. I have zero interest in the will he/wont release an album aspect of this what, now 10 year old argument? I am watching this thread for the same reason one watches the masked singer. There has to be a big reveal of who Metropolis is.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
That's like his apartments rent from three months, I bet he used crowdfunding money for that too! He uses that money for freaking everything! :lol:

#wintersunfacts #soyboyscryingaboutjari #ssorgconspiracy #anyguitarisnotgoodenough

Next you probably come and claim that guitar is 0.001% yours, because you participated to crowdfunding.
No, I'd never give money to Jari.

')