Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Yeah, this thread needs a lock because you have nothing else to say, but slander about me being Jari. It's very pointless and doesn't lead anywhere. Neither does conspiracy theories about crowdfunding money, state of the albums being produced, or someone's predicted mental health.

Let's get back to it when Jari manages to release a single from next album or something.

:locked:

@Randy @MaxOfMetal or someone, you know what to do.

lock_thread.gif

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I wouldnt call it zero. His input entertains me and others. Memes and GIFS that illustrate the absurdity of the Jari drama are valid forms of communication. Some people want serious. Some want silly. Most all have given up on wanting a followup album. If you are this worked up about GIFS the internet is probably not the best place for you to hang.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I wouldnt call it zero. His input entertains me and others. Memes and GIFS that illustrate the absurdity of the Jari drama are valid forms of communication. Some people want serious. Some want silly. Most all have given up on wanting a followup album. If you are this worked up about GIFS the internet is probably not the best place for you to hang.

That's some meta-level bullshit we are going through here, which is why it's so off-topic.

Can we talk about the Death and the Healing sweeps or something?

Nah, some of us play only Winger. Death And The Healing? What's that?

Metropolis

Reaction score
If it's slanderous to be called Jari, does that not carry with it an implied admission that being called Jari is injurious to your reputation?

I have a right not to be called anything but my username in here, it's that simple. It doesn't carry antything but a fact that Jari isn't writing in this forum, and it would be stupid to mix these things up. Then I don't know relation of impersonating me to someone in real life or in internet who isn't me, or having a relation from my doings to someone else, and how it should affect to anyone's reputation in this case.

Calling me Jari is used as doing false statements about my writings and de-valuing them. It has nothing to do with reputation, or how I may relate. Like; "No way, this is just proving that you are Jari" How? :lol:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
"I have a right not to be called anything but my username in here, it's that simple."

I doubt that's true, but of course it should be respected

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Death and the Healing was a pretty cool song for it's time. The self-titled still holds up pretty well I think. Listened to Time I recently though and I couldn't do it. Too cheesy for me now. Someone said it many pages ago, but nothing that Jari releases is going to be as good as the self-titled anyways so I can't call myself excited for anything else he might make later.

msky

Reaction score
Yeah I much prefer the self titled album as well. I first heard Beyond the Dark Sun in one of those Monsters of Metal DVDs back in 2006 and was hooked!

I'm not sure why that happens to so many bands, the earlier material being so good and then it sort of goes downhill from there

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
Calling me Jari is used as doing false statements about my writings and de-valuing them. It has nothing to do with reputation, or how I may relate. Like; "No way, this is just proving that you are Jari" How? :lol:

I'm certainly applying it as a meme at this point, but for the life of me, I can't see anyone defending Jari at this point other than Jari himself or someone with a skewed sense of reality.
Imagine if you will the following scenario:

* Doorbell rings*

Random: Yes, hello?

Jari: - Hi, my name is Jari Mäenpää from UNICEF. I've got all these old pens and stickers for sale, which you can buy in order for us
to tackle world hunger in the country of Wintersun!

Random: Hey that's a goal I can get behind, I really like the country of Wintersun. I'd love to support that cause. Sure it's a pricy package, but it's for a damn good cause!

Jari:- Indeed, a damn good custom guitar cause!

Random gives money to Jari, Jari gives'em the pens and stickers

Random: Hey keep me posted on any progress!

Jari: Will do!*

6 years pass

Random: Hey Jari, I noticed that UNICEF is buying all kinds of crazy stuff, but everyone in Wintersun country is still starving, what the hell happened?

Jari: Ow don't worry, we're still working on that. We're not just going to feed one country, but 4 countries at the same time!

Random: Ok, but... when? I bought all that shit so I could support the cause. I'm not seeing any sign of that happening.

Jari: Hey man, wtf are you complaining about?! YOU GOT SOME NICE PENS AND STICKERS OUT OF IT, DIDN'T YA?!

Metropolis: Yeah man, wtf are you complaining about?! PEOPLE GOT SOME NICE PENS AND STICKERS OUT OF IT, DIDN'T THEY?!

Edika

Reaction score
Death and the Healing was a pretty cool song for it's time. The self-titled still holds up pretty well I think. Listened to Time I recently though and I couldn't do it. Too cheesy for me now. Someone said it many pages ago, but nothing that Jari releases is going to be as good as the self-titled anyways so I can't call myself excited for anything else he might make later.
On a more serious note, as we grow older music tastes change as well as influences. For musicians with albums they've extensively toured, it's even worse as they get sick of them for a while. I think that is why a lot of bands might do big turns in their style and compositions, to try and do something different.
Cheesy melodic power/death/black music can get addictive but if you step away from it for a few months or a couple of years, it's sounds a bit cringy
It might be one reason why Jari hasn't delivered the Time II album and started working on 3 different albums at once. And also showing that low tuned djenty snippet. He's gotten sick of the cheesy Wintersun older stuff and wants to do something different but he's dug a hole really deep with the crowd funding and people's expectations of Time II and can't seem to be able to break from that without loosing the last supporting fans he has. Plus, even with some of his fans adoring and supporting everything he does, the djent clip was utter crap lol! So that would discourage him even more going to a newer direction but then not being able to go on with the cheese!

Of course all of these are speculations, conspiracy theories if you will!

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
None of the members don't use it. Wow, I wonder what names the rest of them are going by on here. :lol:
Now I can't stop imagining the rest of the band being those who keeps antagonizing Metropolis on here anonymously.
That would be some plot twist, wouldn't it? :lol:

This whole thing is getting ridiculous...

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
He's gotten sick of the cheesy Wintersun older stuff and wants to do something different but he's dug a hole really deep with the crowd funding and people's expectations of Time II and can't seem to be able to break from that without loosing the last supporting fans he has.
I'd say, since Time II was supposed to be more the same that Time I was (similar vibe as the self-titled), and people donated so he could have a studio specifically to record Time II, what he has with this part of his fanbase is kind of a work contract at this point. Even if he doesn't want to do it anymore, HE asked to be given the possibility to do it, AND essentially got paid to do it.

But tbh Time II having always been "the other half" of Time I makes less and less sense to me. An album usually has a sense of unity (musical style, themes, sound, mix, unless it's "truly progressive") and I don't get why he managed to record the first half and release it but suddenly requires the NASA headquarters for the other half. Like why would the oh-so-complex mixes only appear mid-way through the album? That's a weird thought, especially since Time I doesn't really show any build-up in orchestral complexity or whatever (what I meant with "truly progressive"). Jari always claimed to have Time II already "ready" in some way but it's more and more likely that he never did. Like, the whole "saying one thing and then contradicting it right after" over several years etc. I'm wondering if he tried to build up extra hype for the band by claiming he had more than Time I, but he didn't have it (and maybe still doesn't). So IMO it's more likely he only had/still has the material heard on Time I, claimed to have more, released what he had as "Time I" instead of just "Time" to entertain the idea that a "Time II" was coming (the title track "Time" is on what got released, maybe that's a hint), used that to bait people into paying him a studio, but didn't get enough for his studio and is now kinda in a very weird spot. In the meantime, he never had a real inability to write, record and release music because The Forest Seasons happened.

I really, really wonder what relationship Jari/Wintersun have with Nuclear Blast.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Yeah, this thread needs a lock because you have nothing else to say,
Metro - you do realize that you're single-handedly (mostly) keeping this thread going, right? If you stopped responding, then the loop would be broken, and we could all move on. Until, of course, Jari posts something on the internet that's worthy of poking fun at again - but if you just didn't spend so much time here providing troll fodder, it would be a one-or-two post laugh, and the thread would die for another year. But instead - every minor bump of the thread becomes 20 pages of "WHY DO YOU THINK I'M JARI?"

')