Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Breaking news: metal fan buys merch.

There will be dragons though, inside album booklet in The Way Of The Fire artwork.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the Time II t-shirt + clear vinyl + patch combo pack and CD on top of that.

I was gonna pre-order the physical album too, but apparently the CD's gonna be jewelcase only :( I wanted the same sideways-dvd format mediabook that Time I and Forest Seasons came in to complete the collection, so now I'm unsure if I'm gonna buy the album at all.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding if I should order Time II or not... Time I was cool, but come to think of it I only really enjoy the title song from that album, which to be fair is a masterpiece of a song. I'm not really sure what to expect from the follow up?

In all honesty I've never been the biggest fan of the Wintersun stuff - it's just not my preferred style - but I did really enjoy The Forest Seasons, and I'm still hoping Jari will make a djent inspired release based on his "does it djent" video demo and the, I guess, rather controversial new-guitar-demo track he released a while ago. I think he writes some interesting stuff with downtuned guitars that isn't just rhythmical chugging on the lowest strings, and when that is put on a back drop of his instrumental stuff awesomeness happens, imo.

So... to order or not to order Time II, that's the question?

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you just listen to it for free on spotify and buy it if it inspires you to own it?
1) because I don't use Spotify, nor do I want to use it. Youtube would probably be my streaming platform of choice.
2) because I was thinking about buying the vinyl edition, and that seems to be limited, so you kind of have to make a move while it's available.

AJS

Reaction score
1) because I don't use Spotify, nor do I want to use it. Youtube would probably be my streaming platform of choice.
2) because I was thinking about buying the vinyl edition, and that seems to be limited, so you kind of have to make a move while it's available.
At least for #1, if it's on Spotify, it's likely (if not guaranteed) to also end up on YouTube as the individual tracks.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Really loved this game back in the day. Eye of the North was really fun too.

I enjoy GW2 but it's just not the same.

Yeah I looved GW back in the day. I was excited for GW2 when it was very first anounced, but by the time it came out I wasn't gaming as much and Skyrim had already taken over what room in my heart I had for RPGs and I never even really ended up trying it out for real

Latest posts

')