Wireless Guitar Systems

• Thread starter Deaths Madrigal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deaths Madrigal

The Soulcollector
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im looking into getting a wireless hookup for my guitar but i have no experience with any of them and im curious to see if anyone here has any recomendations for a certain brand that may be best? Would the wireless affect the sound for any reason or would they have more clarity than the regular guitar cables? Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
x2 wireless. there's no point in going with anything else.

:agreed: +1

X2 is also a LINE 6 product but hasn't changed from when X2 was it's own company.

these wireless rack units and pedals are completely transparent, no colour to your signal or any tonal change what so ever

best wireless on the market by far

Inazone

Reaction score
I've been using the Peavey ProComm UHF wireless for a few years now, as is the other guitarist in the band. I don't know that it's any better or worse than other units on the market, and I'm sure newer stuff of equal quality costs less, but it has been 100% reliable. As for tone loss, the only thing I've noticed is that there is a negligible decrease in treble, but it's minimal. I wouldn't notice at all, except I have some guitars that always sounded tinny through PA systems (where the highs are often cranked way up) and it was actually an improvement.

The X2 units look interesting, but I'll probably hold off on making any changes since the Peavey has been good to me.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been using the Peavey ProComm UHF wireless for a few years now, as is the other guitarist in the band. I don't know that it's any better or worse than other units on the market, and I'm sure newer stuff of equal quality costs less, but it has been 100% reliable. As for tone loss, the only thing I've noticed is that there is a negligible decrease in treble, but it's minimal. I wouldn't notice at all, except I have some guitars that always sounded tinny through PA systems (where the highs are often cranked way up) and it was actually an improvement.

The X2 units look interesting, but I'll probably hold off on making any changes since the Peavey has been good to me.

haha.... so, i'm shopping for a wireless and i searched for opinions on the jcf forum... which pulled up this thread... which had nothing to do with wireless.... but.....

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77195&highlight=wireless

i debated bumping it just to state that I remember playing that kit at the MMF!

but instead, i'll derail this one and state it here :wavey:

')