Wireless help

• Thread starter zipline7020
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zipline7020

Reaction score
After looking at reviews on forums and shopping sites, there are a plethora of wireless guitar systems, and each has an equal amount of positive and negative feedback.

The most common being that theres outside noise "pops," the unit requires specialized cables that are expensive and fragile, and that the units only lasted a year max.

whats a good wireless system i can use for light gigging and lots of home use that will have minimum tone suck, use a standard 1/4" or XLR cable and last a while?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
Budget? That will help people make a better suggestion for your situation.

That being said, a lot of people here talk up the Line 6 wireless systems, but I have no experience with those. I have used Sennheiser, and Shure systems with good results, with a personal preference for Sennheiser stuff.

zipline7020

Reaction score
well as far as budget is concerned, just not an outrageous amount... I mean i don't need one with 16 channels or a 300 foot radius, so i guess ill say under 400 if thats possible? and the only line 6 I'd be interested in getting is the G30, the others have expensive specialized cables that are apparently very fragile.
but i haven't looked into shure or sennheiser.

which ones did you own? care to share your experiences haha

AlexEdwards

Reaction score
I had a Line 6 Relay G50 and loved it! If I had to do it again, i'd get the G30- the unit you're actually looking at getting.

The g30 cable is a 1/4 -> 1/4 which is great. The g50 and g90 uses some specialized 3-prong cable that you can't really find anywhere unless you buy directly through L6 or some sort of other aftermarket retailer. Kind of a pain in my humble opinion (especially if it breaks on you) and i'm not sure why L6 would hand that inconvenience to folks who are buying the more high end units..but maybe someone knows more than I do.

But yeah, if I were you i'd say pull the trigger on that Relay g30!

Cheers!

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Line 6 G50. I've been using it with the original cable since the week they were released. No dramas and toured with it internationally quite often.

That + a spare cable should you feel you need it + Neotech wireless pouch (medium) and you're all good to go.

Orgalmer

Chuggasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I've had my old analogue Shure PGX wireless for nearly 5 years now with zero issues.

It could benefit from a higher quality cable going to the transmitter though, but other than that it's small and reliable.

They do digital versions of that same model now which would likely be even better than what I have now.

')