Wireless System: G10 v G30 v WMS40

• Thread starter domsch1988
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

domsch1988

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i'm on the hunt for my first (cheap) wireless guitar solution. The 200€ for the G30 is the absolute maximum i'd like to pay. The G10 gets great reviews and i like the fact that it's not an additional pack to carry. It seems switching instruments (especially in my home studio) is much more convenient.

For those with experience with those solutions:
- Is the G10's send plug strong enough? I worry, without additional security it might fall off in heated battle :shred:
- How is the quality difference between the G10 and G30?
- Why is the AKG WMS40 so much more affordable? It looks like a quality product and AKG generally doesn't do sh*tty things (in my experience)

Is there any other Wireless product i should look at? :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
Check out the WIC by PRA audio, it's the best wireless I've ever used; user-friendly, compact, amazing signal and tone, and great CS.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Skip the AKG. Speaking as an owner, It's not bad as such, but if both the G30 and G10 were options, I wouldn't even consider the AKG. It's just kinda outdated and I wish I had gotten something like a G30 from the get go rather than having saved the small amount of money

Check out the WIC by PRA audio, it's the best wireless I've ever used; user-friendly, compact, amazing signal and tone, and great CS.

Dude that actually looks awesome! Damn it, you've got me genuinely curious now :lol:Are they a new company or just very under the radar?
Some of those specs actually blow some of products from the big guys (Shure/Line 6 etc) out of the water

Power2theMetal

The deal was rigged
Reaction score
I don't know whether this is still pertinent for you, but I own a G10 wireless that I use with my recording setup. I love not having to mess with cables, and while I've never even looked at the G30, flipping it to various guitars while recording makes it so versatile. It was one of the best purchases I've made yet. Best of luck with your wireless endeavors. If you end up taking the plunge, let me know what you think.

lewis

Reaction score
we talking the new relay g10 thats powered by phone charger?

if so that unit is amazing for the money

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Been using the G30 for a few years now, love it, grabbed another so I can have each guitar on a separate channel & just A/B/C switch between them and a backup cable as needed, takes up a minimal foot print on the pedal board.

Latest posts

')