Wiring conundrum, please help!!

• Thread starter jarrydn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Okay, so you might remember that I had gotten my Harley Benton 7-string (lol) all painted up and somewhat ready for action. Well, I finally got around to clear-coating it and bolting it together, and it actually looks pretty swell...but I'm stuck on the final piece of the puzzle. Ie, I can't figure out how to wire it up.

Now, here's the kicker..I've wired up a bunch of guitars, and this is possibly the simplest electronic layout I've had to work with...but for some reason or another, I can't eliminate the god-damn buzzing. It's obviously an earthing problem, but I don't really have a common point to use as an earth, because I've replaced the volume pot with a push button.

Anyway, if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. It's just a humbucker with two wires, a push-button (like you'd find on a stomp-box) and the output jack.

Cheers :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
A Humbucker with two wires? every humbucker i've seen is a 4 wire layout...

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
I'll crack it open and take another look...just to make sure i'm not going crazy or anything...but I'm positive it's just an earth and hot.

Yep, two wires.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Non splitable humbucker have 2 wires : hot and ground. Some have a breaded wire wich ground the base plate.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get this bad boy wired up soon...I have a show to play tomorrow and I really want to get it working. Still need to re-string and intonate it as well D:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jackson uses a "grounding lug", which is a conductive screw that you solder all the grounds to. Would that do?

Latest posts

')