Wiring Help(Universe Pickup Switch VLX53)

• Thread starter Elysian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Shikaru said:
I've always wanted to try one of the RGTs, never seen one in a shop though.

RGT42 = very nice looking guitar (for a 6 string)

lrg_RGT42.gif

My bro has the RGT2020 which is mahogany and sounds great (again would look better 7 string):

0815140449-2.jpg

Sorry Shikaru I also wanted to point out that this quote is the funniest thing I have ever seen (I'm guessing only the Brits will understand this)!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Shikaru from Myspace said:
Project Killbot are the greatest band in the universe. Jesus came to ben in a dream, and told him if he didn't make the greatest band in the universe, he would lose all the points on his tesco clubcard. Jesus knew this was ben's only weakpoint, his tesco clubcard points,and like a crafty devil he exploited ben into making Project Killbot. None of the other band members ever believed Ben about this experience, and ben has since grown to enjoy being in the band. Ben now doesn't tell anyone about his tesco, or other supermarket point cards....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Chris said:
You have a neck through RG?
yeah, funny thing, i bought it early 2003, like january, they hadn't even been put on ibanez's website yet, couldn't find them anywhere online... just happened that my local brook mays had one on the wall, and i fell in love with it at the store, and got my mom to buy it for me :lol: i paid 650, and that included a skb case, and then i upgraded the tremelo to an origional edge(from LoTRS II), and also upgraded the pickups to duncan jb/tb4(from INF1/INF2)... those pickups have since come out, and a duncan distortion bridge and jazz neck are in, they are white, they look so killer... heres a pic... i also did a (very) amatuer scallop on it...the edge thats on it now, i got for 20 on ebay, it only needed new saddles, and since i got graphtech string savers for the edge on my EC-29, i put the old saddles on the "new" edge... it had a bit of corrosion through the chrome, so i put super glue over it hahaha, to try and keep it from spreading... i'm so cheap haha... the tuners are the origional gold tuners from my Rhoads V... at one point it had gotoh tuners from an old RG570 i had, but i put those on the Rhoads to give it all black hardware and put the gold ones from the Rhoads on this guitar... i'm going to probably replace the fretboard with an ebony one after luthiery school, its one of the first things i plan on doing, complete with a half scallop(12-24, my favorite kind)

RGT42BP-001.jpg

RGT42BP-002.jpg

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
sh*t no luck with the jem777 wiring, i'm gonna just buy a dimarzio switch some day

widdly

Reaction score
This is the wiring I'd go with...

www_ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=2004&w=RGT2020

It's kinda like a les paul but with series/parallel options too.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
thats not the switch i have... i think the problem might lie in the kill switch i have wired in to the circuit, it kind of broke a long time ago so i superglued it to fix it, and it worked for a while but i don't think it works now lol... i'll just go buy another and give it 1 more try.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well...I'd seriously upgrade the switch anyway, seeing as something like a 4 independant plate 5 way switch will allow you to do anything! The VLX-91 is sometimes hard to figure out, but you can do pretty much anything with it.

So just replace the switch, it'll be easier.

otherwise, that switch works with each connector being tied to what you want on it. Figure out which one is the output, then draw out the wirting diagram. To be honest, with what you want to do you will need a switch with at least two plates (independant) ones, so as to be able to do pickups configurations without shorting full humbuckers together.

[selfpromotion] I've got a VLX-91 if you want one ;) [/selfpromotion]

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
LordOVchaoS said:
So did you ever get this worked out? I'm really interested to know how those pups sound in a UV!
uh they aren't going in a UV...

Latest posts

')