Wiring straight to output jack

• Thread starter SpiritCrusher86
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
so as a the title says, i wanna wire the miracle man in my jackson straight to my output jack. normal wiring is white and green together, red to pot, and black/bare to ground. so, would i just solder the red to the hot tab on the jack and black and bare to ground? or is it different? also, my leads aren't long enough to reach my input jack, could i just solder some extra wire to each wire and make longer, then tape it up? would that work? the reason i wanna do this is cause my 500k pot was fucked up and i have no other pot but a 250k, and it's muddy as shit. so i'm thinking, since this is an all out metal guitar, i'd just save money and do it straight to the jack, plus i heaar that brightens and improves the tone

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maniac mikej

Reaction score
You got it :hbang:
Tape is good, but if you can get heatshrink that tends to work a bit better. The difference is negligible though. Good luck!

littlephil

Reaction score
You might want to get something to mute your guitars output, volume knobs are very useful for that, especially if you're playing live. Maybe a killswitch?

Miss D Corona

Reaction score
Are you just going to leave the pots in there when its done or have you got something in mind to fill up the holes the volume and tone pots would have filled? And by the way, its definately a good idea to have a killswitch, maybe you could figure out a way to use the pickup selector as a killswitch?

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
I never put caps in. Pickup, volume knob, output jack. The tone kind of mellows when I turn down for cleans, so I don't even need a separate tone control. Who has time to fiddle with another knob anyway? I don't use many different sounds, so it works great for me.