With Agile gone, what affordable neck thrus?

• Thread starter pipelineaudio
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
I was surprised how buried down in the weeds basic info about guitars is in most manufacturer sites, maybe I should make a database, though its a moving target. Stuff like which ones are neck thru vs block heel vs some sort of sensible bolt on.

What sort of guitars can be had now with EMGs or Blackouts, neck thru, super pretty tops? I see a lot of shecters, but can't for the life of me figure out which series is meant to be what, which are bolt ons, etc. Same with the other companies. More and more company pages are taking on the "Information Lite - Catalog" style of other industries, with little detail or explanation, just purchase and pray

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
solar makes a lot of neckthroughs. so does Jericho.

is agile gone?

mbardu

Reaction score
Affordable is a bit vague. Jericho (not that common) and Solar (pretty good) have been mentioned. Price-wise, you could go something like a Harley Benton Amarok 7 to any number of Kiesel neck-throughs with Shecters (things like KMs, Banshees, Machs, SLS) in the middle.

There's quite a bit of choice.

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
I mean around the same price per feature as the agiles. As far as I knew, rondo was selling off the agile brand last year and wouldn’t have more after the last stock ran out. Not sure if someone bought the brand. I hope so.

thanks for the suggestions. The solar stuff seems about 1.5 to 2x the price the agiles were but given the inflation in prices since covid they seem like a screaming deal. Does anyone know the differences between their lines? The Catalog style site was pretty vague. The jerichos look really really cool too! Gonna check out the Harley bentons now. Thanks guys!

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
I should say also, I am a huge fan of the guitars made at world musical instruments and it appears most of these suggestions are so that’s the style I like.

mbardu

Reaction score
I mean around the same price per feature as the agiles. As far as I knew, rondo was selling off the agile brand last year and wouldn’t have more after the last stock ran out. Not sure if someone bought the brand. I hope so.

thanks for the suggestions. The solar stuff seems about 1.5 to 2x the price the agiles were but given the inflation in prices since covid they seem like a screaming deal. Does anyone know the differences between their lines? The Catalog style site was pretty vague. The jerichos look really really cool too! Gonna check out the Harley bentons now. Thanks guys!

The indidivual Solar product page should give you a lot of info in terms of detailed specs:
https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a1-7bop-black-open-pore-matte/
They have a good selection of features in general. I do wish they would offer basic bridges on more models vs the evertune/floyd choice, but it seems to work for the brand that way..

Also- there's a thread on Solar guitar that's quite active in the standard guitars forum with info and advice.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Some of the X series Jackson ones may interest you, good NTs with EMGs for a low price.

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
I've been watching since this thread (thanks everyone) and searching, and really, there isn't anything I see that comes near the Agiles for near the price. For fixed bridge, the indonesian Amaroks seem cool, but not sure what if I want a floyd

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I've been watching since this thread (thanks everyone) and searching, and really, there isn't anything I see that comes near the Agiles for near the price. For fixed bridge, the indonesian Amaroks seem cool, but not sure what if I want a floyd

To be honest, you may want to give up that chase.
Agile's entire reputation was built off the fact that they were, with few exceptions, the most guitar you could get for your dollar in the states.

To steer you somewhere else, for about $500 (so about Agile pricing) you should be able to scoop up an older LTD MH-1000. Those had (imo) pretty tops, neck thru construction, and I'm pretty sure could be had with Blackouts (or at least some kind of actives, I'm not an active pickup guy so I never mentally-bookmarked that haha).

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
The ESP M1007 with the floyd rose and EMGs for 1k is pretty close, not as pretty but close

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Harley benton amarok is by far and away the best "budget' neck through guitar on the market. Stainless frets, emg pick ups, locking tuners. Good looking and sounding guitars. And I even priced shipping one to the U.S from thomann and it was still under 700 bucks. insane if you ask me. I have a schecter c-1 platinum which i got new for 400 a couple years ago. It is a set-thru neck and has emg's and grover non locking tuners. For the money at the time (2019) it was a hell of a buy.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Yeah right now the best alternative is Harley Benton. Doesnt have Agile's bonker selection of specs and such, but they are about as close as it get. I'm praying for a 26.5 or a 27.5 and honestly i'd grab one for myself rather quick

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
I was on a zoom call the other night with Glenn Fricker and he pulled out an Amarok 7 and it was REALLY nice...Made by the same people who make all my favorite guitars, but in the Indonesian rather than the Korean factory. The bummer for me is that they don't offer a Floyd model

')