WooHo...our first recorded song!

• Thread starter friday11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Sounds good, dude! Guitars could seriously do with some gating, especially in the breakdown-esque section, and the tone is much darker than I would personally like, but that aside for a first demo it's pretty fucking sweet! Even if the drums don't sound as crispy as you'd get with S2.0 or similar, it's so damn nice to hear some real drums for a change, haha.

Your vocalist sounds awesome, too - vocals can often be the most cringeworthy aspect of an amateur band, but they sound pretty pro and sit really, really nicely in the mix. So yeah, a bit more EQing and work on levels and I think it could be pretty sweet. There's the occasional fuck-up in the drums, but hell, it's a demo!

Benjo230

Reaction score
Awesome vocals, i think guitars could be brought up a tiny bit, at least in my speakers the bass overpowers the guitars ever so slightly and makes it a tad muddy.

Atill, much better than my bands first demo, by a long shot :p

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
for a first demo, I think it's really good. I can't really say for sure (crappy leptop speakers), but I'll give it a legit listen in a bit!!

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
The bass kick sounds a bit too thumpy IMO , also bring the guitar volume up. Otherwise the song is pretty damn good

friday11

Reaction score
Hey there,

our songs are "mastered" now and you can check them on myspace.com/reaperoffatemetal !! I would really really appreciate if some of you can say something about this two songs!! We need some reviews ;)

Thanks ^^

lnname

ss.org awesome
Reaction score
was this done with a click track? You guys are tight!

friday11

Reaction score
The first one we recored without click! In the second song we use the click for some parts...but actually we don't like to play with click!

Well, thanks for the kind words! ;)

')