:woohoo: -> New Agile CUSTOM day (bonus : a poll!!!)

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pickups color.

• White.

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Black.

Votes: 46 62.2%

• Total voters

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
:woot:

Continued from here : http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/49915-those-agile-lovers.html

So here it is. Got the Fedex delivery paper in the mail as I came back from a one week holiday. After ordering the guitar at the end of january, my custom Septor finally arrived today.

As some of you know, it went back to Korea since they forgot to add the binding. Also, this wasn’t the color of pickups and knobs i’ve asked for. They were to be all white + a single coil in the middle (I did not asked for an empty pickup slut but knew it could be left out if they did not find one at the factory). Kurt did tell me and asked me about these small changes. :yesway:

Here are the specs, as they were on the order form :

- Mahogany body. Agile Interceptor 7 Pro 25 body shape.
- 25.5" scale
- 3 pieces maple + walnut neck (got a five pieces!)
- Tung oil finish on back of neck
- Maple fingerboard
- 22 frets Jumbo 6100 size (NOT sure they are jumbo’s)
- Bolt-on neck
- Small black dot inlays
- White binding on body and headstock
- Neck profile (CUSTOM): THICKNESS 19.0mm at fret #1 21.0mm at fret #12 (WIZARD I)
- Chrome Licensed Floyd Rose bridge. Chrome hardware diecast Grover tuners. (I will change this to a OFR if I really like the guitar).
- White knobs and controls (did not work out)
- 1 Volume & 1 tone controls. 5-way pickup selector. (didn’t get this as well. It's a 3-way).
- Hum Single Hum (3 pickup) configuration. Middle pickup can be left out.
- Passive agile pickups w/white covers (did not work out).
- Hard case

And now the pics!

EDIT: SOME PICS AREN'T SHOWIN' :)scratch:) JUST CLICK ON THE PICOODLE THINGY TO SEE THE PICS. THANKS :)

First, my artsy holiday pics! :woot:

(cue: crickets sound effects)

Rented a chalet up north, just in front of a private lake. It rained for 5 days out of 7… :noway:

Ok. :D

So far (I've played it a little), what i’m happy with :

- Neck is just as asked, feels really great. Fast, straight, smooth finish. Fret work is really decent.
- Well built, feels solid, looks f*ckin’ great. The guitar is also light as a feather!
- I’ll say it again : Kurt customer’s service RULES. He offered me a small rebate after finding out they did not have the pickups i asked for at the factory.
- REALLY great price vs quality ratio.

The specs I asked for and didn’t get, without me beeing informed (that doesn't upset me at all) :

- The neck is 5-pieces instead of 3-pieces (even if a 5-pieces is somewhat "better")
- The switch is a 3-way instead of a 5-way. I'll have to change it once all pickups are in.

There’s only one thing i'm not happy about so far: the finish. "Greasy" finger prints all over, especially in the darker burst part (see pics below). I need to ask Kurt (or YOU guys) how it’s possible to wipe off some of this, because I don’t have a clue! It tried just a bit with my (clean) finger and a cloth, it doesn’t want to go off.

EDIT : Already got a response from Kurt saying a regular guitar polish should do the trick. What do you guys think? Will this work on a guitar with that kind of finish?

Pics :

Now, the POLL. :D

Do you guys think I should keep the pickups all black, or go with what I had in mind in the first place (all white)?

Thank you. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
looks great! turned out WAY better than i envisioned.

sucks to hear about all the screw ups (especially the fingerprints :ugh:), but as long as it plays and sounds good, that's all that matters (to me anyway :shrug:).

as far as the white vs. black pickups... i personally think with that finish and the maple f/b, white pickups/ knobs would look terrible.

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
Holy, when I saw your inspiration guitars I tried to think in my head of how it was going to look and I thought it would be really not my cup of tea. And it still isn't- but it's still gorgeous!

keep the hardware black or I will steal it and change it back.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a new rule of thumb should be that your pickups are the same as the last color of your burst.

NEW RULE!

cev

Trollhammaren!!
Reaction score
Personally, I think it would look awesome with black pickups and black hardware :yesway:

Also, I think you should give me your address so I can... uh... come visit you to congratulate you on this fine guitar in person. And totally not steal it.

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
Oh god! Mega-Beautiful! Keep the hardware black. The guitar is just awseome. Congrats

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
the black is classy. someone do a mockup?

lookin gorgeous there, frenchy! nice vacay shots too.

its just a matte finish, is it not? guitar polish that biznatch, and rawk out! i need to clean my LP really bad... hm..

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
thats the best looking agile i've ever seen., kudos.

go with the white pups, it'll make them pop with the binding.

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
Bad mockups!!!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

:hbang:

I vote for black. I'd make a zebra pickup version, but I'm lazy. :fawk:

')