:woohoo: -> New Agile CUSTOM day (bonus : a poll!!!)

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pickups color.

• White.

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Black.

Votes: 46 62.2%

• Total voters

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so I've just discovered these Agile 7-strings... How do you go about getting an Agile guitar? Is it strictly a custom-order thing, or do they sell production models through dealers? Cuz i'm thinking a transparent black Agile 7 would be fuckin awesome!

You get them from Rondo Music :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
holy shit pump extraordinaire! that's a sexy looking agile :agreed: great stuff man, but keep the pickups black I don't think white would go as well with the look of the guitar

Reaction score
Thanks to TheMissing... I'm gonna look into Rondo Music.. How is the build quality of the Agile guitars?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you do a search on the forum for "Agile Interceptor" you'll find lots of reviews from current and past owners. Overall, people seem to be very impressed with their build quality and bang-for-the-buck.

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
Ok, I got the day off from work so I figured what the hell. Another mockup!!!! :hbang:

Inner Zebra coils
zebra_2.jpg

I still like the black pickups. I think it looks more consistent with the black sunburst finish. However, no matter what color choice you make, that guitar will still look amazing either way. :yesway:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed:

Yeah, that was my thinking... the black pickups really work well with the burst, but white/cream works well with the maple and the binding.

Zebra works with neither. ;)

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I say white... and change the knobs/switch, too.

On the other hand, black looks awesome! You can't go wrong! :yesway:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
A BIG thanks to all of you guys for the nice comments. I appreciate.

Everything he said.

Thanks a lot Darren. :)
I actually had a chance to ask a luthier today and he said just the same thing. :yesway:

fucking beautiful, mind if i ask what it set you back? if my last agile looked like that, i would have never sold it

Very nice! What did it cost you if you dont mind saying?

Including shipping, case and with my small rebate, I'll say it's somewhere in between 750$ and 850$.

Ok, I got the day off from work so I figured what the hell. Another mockup!!!! :hbang:

Thanks a lot man! :)

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice guitar. But, is it just me or does the string spacing a little off in this picture?

Probably the angle of the shot.

It is the angle of the shot. :agreed: Nothing wrong with the string's spacing.

Black definitely. Pretty cool guitar man. That burst reminds me of a strat. :yesway:

How do you like the LFR?

The burst was meant to look like one of a Strat. :)
The LFR is just fine by now. Played a bit with it yesterday (I'm more of a flutter guy than a trem-beater-a-la-Vai) and it stayed in tune just fine. :yesway:

Looks great, and it would look even better if you had black/creme pickups with the middle single coil black. I also hope Kurt threw a big discount your way because I can't see how you're gonna throw a 5-way switch in there unless you plan on cutting the guitar up. You could do neck/middle/bridge with the 3-way and add push/pull pots instead.

That's the plan : add a push / pull. I was the first to order a 7-string custom and the last to have it because of some mistakes, now I just want to keep it and call it a day. Since it doesn't upset me at all, I did not ask for another discount (already got one for the pickups thing, so that was fair enough for me. It's not like it's a 2k$ guitar).

FIX THE PICS. Pleaaase, I want to see too. ;)

I don't get this... It was working all fine yesterday... :scratch:
Jesus, I really don't feel like doin' this again! :lol:

If you click on the "Picoodle" thingy, you will see the "missing" pictures.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
They're missing because obviously Picoodle has bandwidth caps for remotely-linked images. Maybe add them to the gallery here, or as attachments?

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
Ok so I've just discovered these Agile 7-strings... How do you go about getting an Agile guitar? Is it strictly a custom-order thing, or do they sell production models through dealers? Cuz i'm thinking a transparent black Agile 7 would be fuckin awesome!

like this? :fawk:

IMGP3428.jpg

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That is actually a SERIOUSLY nice looking guitar. Wow, dude, I dig the shit out of that. :D

Creme or Zebra.

thesimo

Reaction score
this is one of the best looking bodys ive seen EVER! love the binding/burst.

But something is defintely up with that neck, it looks off center or something :( pity

Nazca

Reaction score
Oh my god. I want to befoul that guitar. Right now!

Congratulations.

Question. Do you not find the pickup switch in an awkward place?

I managed to modify my Agile so that the pickup switch is where the volume pot is and the volume pot is where the switch is. Just drilled the volume hole slightly bigger and put some rubber padding in the larger hole.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Id be really pissed about the switch dude. i mean, normally not a big deal, but with 3 pickups an a b y switch doesnt exactly cut it.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
That's better.

Looks amazing. :yesway:

:lol: You had a sneak peak. :D

Question. Do you not find the pickup switch in an awkward place?

Not yet. :)

Id be really pissed about the switch dude. i mean, normally not a big deal, but with 3 pickups an a b y switch doesnt exactly cut it.

I know, but honestly I went more for the look of it than the tonal versality. But that's ME. I always liked the H-S-H config. look and I always end up using the bridge or neck humbucker anyway. A push-pull add-on will do the trick. The middle pickup wouldn't be wired and I wouldn't care at all. I'm still considering putting a dummy in that single slut, so it's all good buddy. :lol:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
f_IMG8938m_2158f48.jpg

i see it in this picture too...look at the 24th fret, the high strings are almost going off the edge of the board, where the lower strings are almost 3/8" in... what you need to do is loosen the bolts on your neck, and push the headstock towards the bass side a bit until the strings center off at the 24th fret, and then tighten the screws back up while you're holding it... looks like they just bolted on the neck slightly crooked. you can even see it compared to the neck pickup, the neck is definitely in the pocket cockeyed.

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
Or its a slightly sideways picture? The guitar tilted slightly so that the bass strings are angled towards us, and the treble strings away from us.

Would produce the same visual effect.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Or its a slightly sideways picture? The guitar tilted slightly so that the bass strings are angled towards us, and the treble strings away from us.

Would produce the same visual effect.

trust me dude, its not an optical illusion, it shows up in 2 pictures, the neck needs to be adjusted. the slight angle the camera is tilted isn't enough to make a string move over 1/8".

')