:woohoo: -> New Agile CUSTOM day (bonus : a poll!!!)

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pickups color.

• White.

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Black.

Votes: 46 62.2%

• Total voters

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
f_IMG8949m_4be5955.jpg

it doesn't get more straight on than this picture...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
That is one serious looking AXE ! WOW ! (the one with the maple board )
Excuse me for asking but... Howe much was the setback $$$$

And who did you talked to ..was it Kurt + howe much time did it take to receive it.

Thanks for those great pics of the cottage :)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
the neck is shifted a bit, you can tell by the distance of the dots from the middle string, it gets farther apart toward the bridge.

Looks great aside from that issue which is minor

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
That is one serious looking AXE ! WOW ! (the one with the maple board )
Excuse me for asking but... Howe much was the setback $$$$

And who did you talked to ..was it Kurt + howe much time did it take to receive it.

Thanks for those great pics of the cottage :)

Thanks. :)
Yep, I discussed with Kurt th whole time and it all started back in january.
At that time, only ShawnF. talked to him about a custom 7. I placed my order right after his, but he cancelled it a couple of weeks later. So I was the only one until 2 other members ordered theirs a week or so later after I did. Please note that was BEFORE Kurt got buried under questions and / or orders regarding customs. We were the "first batch".

It was suposed to take "around" 4 months from order to finish, but mine had to go back to Korea 'cause they forgot to add the binding. I had to wait another month and a half.

Regarding price, check one of my earlier post. :)

the neck is shifted a bit, you can tell by the distance of the dots from the middle string, it gets farther apart toward the bridge. Looks great aside from that issue which is minor

God i'm busy these days... Played the guitar for about an hour total. But I paid attention correctly and you and Elysian are right. It is slightly off. It doesn't bug me at all while playing it (that's why I did not notice right away), but i'll surely do what Elysian says at one point or another to adjust it. I guess that doesn't help with the intonation, right?

More opinions on the guitar (wich I still haven't clean. No fuck*n time :realmad:) :

:yesway: : custom neck profile owns, maple fretboard RULES!. It add a tad of "snappyness" I love. Pickups are quite decent though I need to further test them. I LOVE the bodyshape. Small, lightweight body. Incredible. Really likin' it. Seems to me to be quite smaller and lighter than a RG, wich I don't dig much.

:noway: : you can slightly feel some of the "glue" for the stripes on the back of neck. Neck's alignment is slightly off.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
its a really cool looking guitar, a shame about all the issues, but hopefully you find it worth it in the end :yesway:

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
I think a new rule of thumb should be that your pickups are the same as the last color of your burst.

NEW RULE!

although black is the last color of the burst the binding is white and that's after the black. I think that since the binding is white the white hardware would look really good.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
playstoppause: yeah it'll be slightly better, the main part is just the strings being close to the edge and it would piss me off seeing them out of alignment :lol: What it does is the radius of the neck is out of alignment with the strings so that's why teh intonation gets a bit weird (although I'd imagine only a tiny bit) what it kills most is your action.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
playstoppause: yeah it'll be slightly better, the main part is just the strings being close to the edge and it would piss me off seeing them out of alignment :lol: What it does is the radius of the neck is out of alignment with the strings so that's why teh intonation gets a bit weird (although I'd imagine only a tiny bit) what it kills most is your action.

i would probably pull the high E off the fretboard every fret i hit on it above 15 :lol: i'm lame like that when i play.

WillingWell

Reaction score
holy shit. best agile i've ever seen ever. put a black/creme zebra combo in it, it'd rock. that or all black. white would be kind of stark.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I fixed the neck's alignment pretty easily. It took 2 minutes.

Now... The greasy finger prints... :realmad:
Tried to wipe them off with a touch of lemon oil and they only slightly come off... Grr.

Ok, now I need another piece of advice from you guys. Does these look like JUMBO 6100 frets to you (yeah, i'm no expert : it's been a while since the last guitar I had had jumbo frets and I want to make sure these are what I asked for... Just because I remember liking them a lot and something tells me it's not quite what's it's suposed to be!) ???

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Try lemon juice.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but those frets don't look very "jumbo" to me.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
how thick are your strings? if the string is thicker there's no way in hell

musicman2879

Reaction score
go get you some saddle soap man.. Or some wood soap. Saddle soap is actually for leather but it will also put a protective layer so the prints wont stick very easily

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
How do they look compared to your Ibanez frets? I don't know exactly what size Ibanez uses but it's big. Those kinda look like the ones on my Epiphone LP and a bit smaller than the ones on my old M-207. Definitely not 6100.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Try lemon juice.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but those frets don't look very "jumbo" to me.

Ok, will try. Thought you meant oil in the first place... My bad. :yesway: Thanks again. :)
I'm not quite happy about this since I had time today to look back at my order form and I asked for GLOSS FINISH. :mad:

EDIT: Tried the lemon juice, altough it helped a bit, it doesn't fully remove the marks. :(

how thick are your strings? if the string is thicker there's no way in hell

I asked for 009-060. I doubt that's what they are. It's still those factory strings that are on.

go get you some saddle soap man.. Or some wood soap. Saddle soap is actually for leather but it will also put a protective layer so the prints wont stick very easily

Will try right after lemon juice, if it doesn't work. Thanks!

How do they look compared to your Ibanez frets? I don't know exactly what size Ibanez uses but it's big. Those kinda look like the ones on my Epiphone LP and a bit smaller than the ones on my old M-207. Definitely not 6100.

They are smaller than the ones on my S-7.

Damn, that's another issue then. I need to write an email to Kurt...
THANKS for the help GUYS! :) :yesway:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: I totally missed this thread.

Nice guitar! I voted white anyways. :D

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
That's a huge bummer about the frets (not to mention that blemish on the one of them). Is it a problem enough to send it back?

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
That's a huge bummer about the frets (not to mention that blemish on the one of them). Is it a problem enough to send it back?

No. I'm a bit disapointed but that's not enough for me to not like the guitar. Beside the little details and cosmetics issues, the guitar plays GREAT. And in the end, that's what counts to me. Having these little issues sucks but I keep telling me this is NOT a 3k$ Custom shop ESP (as an example) and that Rondo ain't a true custom shop. If that was the case, I would have sent a 2k-3k$ guitar back in 5 minutes.

Beside, I wrote Kurt another email and he offered me ANOTHER small rebate in compensation for the frets + finish issues. So that settles it for me. Again, needless to say that Kurt / Rondo have a really GREAT customer service. :yesway:

')