Work in progress

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well, they aren't finished, and are in a stage where the structure isn't quite right and where some of the key changes don't fit and basically a long way from me thinking them to be finished. The playing is rough as well, so excuses for that 9it's nowhere near as tight as i want it to be)

Basically these are collections of ideas that are getting butchered and reformed to eventually constitute things that may or may not resemble songs.

Anyway. Here's two i've been toying with recently.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ceridwen_x/music/darker_dawn.mp3

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ceridwen_x/music/oppenheimer.mp3

enjoy. or not.:ugh:

as usual, same with anyone elses stuff, copyright blah blah blah = ME , please don't redistribute etc etc as it's only up here for a while, and I really don't want every man and his dog owning a copy, just you sevenstringers at the org! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll go with the second one, as well, but both are quite cool...

thor von clemson

Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff! It makes me want to do this...:hbang:

Two questions... What are you using for drums, and you are not a fan of the Suikoden games are you?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Suidoken???

As far as drums go I am still using samples off Mr A Erlandssons kit running through EXS24 in logic, so all i do is point and click midi which gets the point across as I am not too bothered about how they sound as i fully expect a real drummer (ie, the opposite of me) to come up with better beats that flow a lot beter.

thor von clemson

Reaction score
Cool! The drums sounded pretty good, as did everything else. I need to find a good, preferbly free, drum software to write parts on my laptop.

Suikoden- Milich Oppenheimer is the butthole who kills Gremio in that french sounding named castle.. I need to get out more.

Gurj

Reaction score
Excellent stuff James :hbang: Liked both tracks, the second being my favourite.
Were you using your uv for those tracks?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
thor von clemson said:
Cool! The drums sounded pretty good, as did everything else. I need to find a good, preferbly free, drum software to write parts on my laptop.

Suikoden- Milich Oppenheimer is the butthole who kills Gremio in that french sounding named castle.. I need to get out more.
no, the oppenheimer reference is the inspiration for the track, that being the Robert oppenheimer's famous misquote after the Trinity nuclear test (first explosion of a nuclear device): "I am become death, destroyer of worlds". The sample over the begginning is actually his voice talking about the experience of witnessing it. Took me bloody ages to find that sample...

Sephiroth000 said:
Very nice. What are you using to get the brackground music in the first one?
The background music, well, i assume you mean all the orchestral stuff, is done, again, like the drums, via EXS24 in Logic. they are all audio instruments, most of them siedlazeck stuff or gigastudio samples.

Gurj said:
Were you using your uv for those tracks?
Yep, it's i think all done on the 7PWH, possibly the 7BK, and through a POD xt.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Very very cool mate, very cool! :D

I also find more ummph in track 2 but I think both are awesome! Love the use of samples. Done right, they can really drive a tune!

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
I like em both! I prefer the 1st track though.

anarchistwar

Reaction score
the first one sounds really incomplete, the guitar riff sounds like it wants to go somewhere but dosn't i really like the drum change it helped the progression of the song a lot.......it reallly sounds like an extended intro to me........

the second sounds good, i think lyrics would sound great on that track, sort of lacuna coil high pitched stuff.....

great stuff overall

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
anarchistwar said:
the first one sounds really incomplete, the guitar riff sounds like it wants to go somewhere but dosn't i really like the drum change it helped the progression of the song a lot.......it reallly sounds like an extended intro to me........

the second sounds good, i think lyrics would sound great on that track, sort of lacuna coil high pitched stuff.....

great stuff overall

You are right about the first one, it's one of those thingas that seems to be leaning towards being an intro track (ie a prelude tyhing) leading into something else, and it is very very incomplete, and i think i posted it more to see how people would view that approach compared to the second track :p

The second track does need lyrics, and hence will probably need stripping down in parts to allow room for them to breathe. I have a concept for the track lyrically as well which is cool as I've never had that before, but that's probably because i gave up on l;yrics upon realising that it all sounded like a poor attempt by a 5 year old to make up poetry.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Intriguing stuff...it'll be interesting to hear how you develop this stuff. The first one had a really cool, filmscore feel to it.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
The second track does need lyrics, and hence will probably need stripping down in parts to allow room for them to breathe. I have a concept for the track lyrically as well which is cool as I've never had that before, but that's probably because i gave up on l;yrics upon realising that it all sounded like a poor attempt by a 5 year old to make up poetry.

I've been there...

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
That's some seriously sick shit, James! I'm especially digging the 2nd track. Very creepy & moody. :evil:

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
my favorite is the darker dawn clip! it's got that dark mood that makes you feel like you're shrinking/losing power/jst plain losing... idk if that's what you're aiming for but it does that so beautifully. overall it beats the 2nd one for moods in my opinion

but i like the riffs in the second one better

Latest posts

')