Workout music!

• Thread starter Epyon6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
a word of advice on gym music in your headphones:

Be aware of your surroundings.

Most guys jack up the volume of their music to block out what the gym plays (don't blame them for that) or to get pumped up.

one summer i was working out at my university gym and it was minimally staffed (cuz summer).

there were only six other guys there, spread out through two floors of exercise nirvana. One such gentleman was decline benching over 400lbs without a spotter.

he missed he last rep and the bar came right down on his neck (in a controlled manner, he didn't drop it), effectively cutting off his airway and preventing him from shouting for help.

everyone else had headphones but me because my ear buds were destroyed by my cat. i was the only one who heard his last desperate grunt before he couldn't make any noise.

i couldn't row the weight off of him by myself, but it bought us some time so i could shout someone down to help.

Long story short. be sure to look around or keep your volume low enough to hear what's going on around you. Some people don't lift with spotters when they should

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
In all seriousness no workout soundtrack is complete with out these three gems of songs:

I'll see your Survivor, and raise you...

[Worth it just for @ 0:25 Bjorn Strid sings into a hairdryer. :lol:]

:shred::shred::shred:

Andrew May

Reaction score
Funny enough, I've just started working out lately, it's got to be fast catchy metal to get you going!
best album so far has been Painkiller by JP, Hatebreeder by CoB a close second.

I tried 10k with The Berzerker as a soundtrack.....my legs nearly fell off.

Skyblue

Reaction score
While my usual bands for working out are Lamb of God and Ghost, there's always the classics:

Epyon6

Reaction score
a word of advice on gym music in your headphones:

Be aware of your surroundings.

Most guys jack up the volume of their music to block out what the gym plays (don't blame them for that) or to get pumped up.

one summer i was working out at my university gym and it was minimally staffed (cuz summer).

there were only six other guys there, spread out through two floors of exercise nirvana. One such gentleman was decline benching over 400lbs without a spotter.

he missed he last rep and the bar came right down on his neck (in a controlled manner, he didn't drop it), effectively cutting off his airway and preventing him from shouting for help.

everyone else had headphones but me because my ear buds were destroyed by my cat. i was the only one who heard his last desperate grunt before he couldn't make any noise.

i couldn't row the weight off of him by myself, but it bought us some time so i could shout someone down to help.

Long story short. be sure to look around or keep your volume low enough to hear what's going on around you. Some people don't lift with spotters when they should

One very big reason why I made myself a nice little home gym :). Plus, I hate being around others, I like to get in my own zone. IMO home gym>commercial gym.

Epyon6

Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply's guys...I got some interesting music on here hahaha. I guess I was meaning more for instrumental death metal tracks haha.

gnoll

Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply's guys...I got some interesting music on here hahaha. I guess I was meaning more for instrumental death metal tracks haha.

Hm, why instrumental? I wouldn't want instrumental music for training... Or well, maybe for running or something, but If I listen to music when I strength train, I want something where they're screaming their balls off (preferably layered screams for added intensity).

I can't really be bothered to bring music to the gym though, so I'm forced to listen to stupid radio pop. It's alright though, since I try to focus on my training. But sometimes I wish they'd put on this:

MajorTom

Supreme Being
Reaction score
A must have for all work out sound track, this track has the Barry White effect going for it if women hear that you have it on your play list:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Y'all listen to some weird shizz when you work out... :lol:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Prob not what the OP wants to hear but I actually stopped listening to music when I go to the gym about 18 months ago and found I concentrate and focus a lot more than I ever did with my headphones/iPod on

Latest posts

')