Workout tunes?

• Thread starter drstone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drstone

Reaction score
Ive been running everyday for about 6 months now, and Im desperately in need of some new tunes! what are you guys listening to to get pumpedd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I often listen to Dark Tranquillity and In Flames. Placebo, MuteMath, and 30 Seconds to Mars are frequently on playlist as well, though I suppose these don't get much love in this forum :lol:

I used to listen to Machinae Supremacy, Soilwork, and System of a Down as well, but I've grown sick of those. Periphery works wonderfully, but I don't have the album yet, just some old recordings of a few songs :(

TBH, most of what I listen to is way too slow for working out, so I end up listening to the same stuff over and over.

Krankguitarist

Reaction score
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
and
Meshuggah - Obzen

Are typically what I put on when I'm lifting (high-intensity stuff). For low to moderate intensity cardio I'll put on some Isis or Nine Inch Nails.

Tiger

Reaction score
Running is the only activity I dont like music with (and swimming, but only because I dont want to wear the underwater crap) but for everything else its generally Rage Against the Machine, Meshuggah, and assorted other things.

avenger

Reaction score
I actually listened to textures today for the first time while working out. Great distracting bits and also many "RAWR I ARE MAN" parts.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
When I had to walk alot, I packed my mini-disc player with Satch, Malmsteen and Cacophony.
Speed Metal Symphony was my personal favourite... But this was walking so I am not sure about running, I am a lazy S.O.B .......

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I've always used the prodigy for my running workout. Or slayer!
Makes me run much faster :lol:
My current soundtrack for lifting weights:
1. Periphery: Eureka
2. Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza: I Am Sammy Jankis
3. Whitechapel: This is Exile
4. Suicide Silence: Suffer
5. Architects: One of these days
6. Fear Factory: Mechanize, Moment of Impact, Terminate, Powershifter
7. Meshuggah: Bleed
8. Ion Dissoance: Kneel and Scorn Haven
9. The Haunted: D.O.A.
10. The Acacia Strain: Terminated
11. Seven: Down the Ruin
12. RATM

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The Acacia Strain - The Dead Walk

Most of the songs on that album are perfect working out tunes.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I used to use Explosions in The Sky, mainly because I would get distracted/zone out from working out if it was something real heavy so I went to the opposite direction and did something calming and it made working out awesome

Sjusovaren

7-string n00b
Reaction score
I tend to use the The New Order album by Testament, starting with the title track. That one worked really well for me, plus some extra tracks I liked at the moment.

Latest posts

')