World Domination Wiring Diagram

• Thread starter Rhino-152
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino-152

Reaction score
Can anybody show a diagram of how to wire this?

"World Domination Mod (two 3-way switches for normal, acoustic and coil split sound. 2 volumes pots for each Humbucker

Cheers guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
... errr... what exactly does the guitar have as pickup layout, HH, HSH, other? How do you want to switch the pickups, toggle, blade, 3, 4, 5 way? What do you mean with "acoustic sound" out of an Humbucker?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
... errr... what exactly does the guitar have as pickup layout, HH, HSH, other? How do you want to switch the pickups, toggle, blade, 3, 4, 5 way? What do you mean with "acoustic sound" out of an Humbucker?

It's marketing speak from the builder that created the name... pretty sure it's just series and parallel and coil split :2c:

Rhino-152

Reaction score
I want it for HH configuration

"World Domination Mod (two 3-way
switches for normal, acoustic and coil split sound. You can have it also as
push pull vol knob and one 3-way switch)."

"acoustic mod" and "world domination mod" terms come from Skervesen Guitars.
acoustic mod is coil splitting combined with a clever passive filter network. it gives a fuller sound that plain split and in particular in middle position (both pickups) gives spectacular results. Does NOT use piezo.

world domination mod is a combination of normal double humbucking, splitting and acoustic mod on one switch.
Switch 1 - standard fare: Neck / outer coils / Bridge
Switch 2 - pos 1: coil split / pos 2: Full humbucking / pos 3: acoustic mod.
No piezo. So Switch 2 performs these variation in combination with whatever pickups are selected. So that is 9 possible combinations in total and they do sound different.

Reaction score
I want it for HH configuration

"World Domination Mod (two 3-way
switches for normal, acoustic and coil split sound. You can have it also as
push pull vol knob and one 3-way switch)."

"acoustic mod" and "world domination mod" terms come from Skervesen Guitars.
acoustic mod is coil splitting combined with a clever passive filter network. it gives a fuller sound that plain split and in particular in middle position (both pickups) gives spectacular results. Does NOT use piezo.

world domination mod is a combination of normal double humbucking, splitting and acoustic mod on one switch.
Switch 1 - standard fare: Neck / outer coils / Bridge
Switch 2 - pos 1: coil split / pos 2: Full humbucking / pos 3: acoustic mod.
No piezo. So Switch 2 performs these variation in combination with whatever pickups are selected. So that is 9 possible combinations in total and they do sound different.

well, then I cannot help you with that "clever passive filter network" 'cause I do not know what it is... sorry, but thanks for the explanation.

Rhino-152

Reaction score
image.jpg

Amanita

Reaction score
It's marketing speak from the builder that created the name... pretty sure it's just series and parallel and coil split :2c:
It's marketing speak from the builder that created the name... pretty sure there's no parallel in this wiring.

Sorry. finding schematic for this one may be tricky. We'd prefer to keep some aces in our sleeves :)

Rhino-152

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's some talented people on this site that can read the detailed description of what I wrote and look at that cavity picture and draw a wiring diagram up. Information should be shared, what are people afraid of that someone may do something better then them? Personally il always help someone out if I can

Reaction score
The switches are 3 positions (?) 4PDTs. I can spot a resistance in one and 2 blue things on the other that Might be some capacitors of some sort.

vansinn

Reaction score
Why not use the 6-way superswitch from i.e. StewMac? - they got wiring ideas too, and with all those xtra wiring lugs..

Much faster handling than operating individual switches - tried, no T-shirt nor Sun tan..

Rhino-152

Reaction score
Because the build iv done has, 2 holes for pots and 1 hole for a toggle and 1 for a mini switch. So I'm looking to wire around that.

vansinn

Reaction score
Because the build iv done has, 2 holes for pots and 1 hole for a toggle and 1 for a mini switch. So I'm looking to wire around that.

And your problem is..?
Four holes, three of which are immediately needed for your hookup - which leaves one hole free for that kill switch you always wanted anyways ;)

')