World war three safety spots?

• Thread starter teamSKDM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
39326223.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I don't think about these sorts of things. I'm not worried about nuclear war.

I have a hard time just getting out my house as it is. Maybe I would just sit and hope for the whole thing to blow over. I surely don't have the funds to go to secluded islands and such.. I'm not sure why Canada is a viable option unless you go way up north. What significance does Sweden have? Or any of the Scandinavian countries?

Come to think of it, Mexico would be safer from a missile since nobody cares about that place anyhow. But then you'll have to worry about Mexico itself killing you.

Silly thread.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
no kidding 2 words:

Simo Häyhä

NUFF SAID.....

Yes sir, this man knows. I've seen whole documentaries about the Russian's trying to invade Finland and the best part was seeing those god damn clips of Finns flying down the mountain with machine guns like something out an Arnie film :lol:

tedtan

Reaction score
The Philippine island would be great until a tsunami wiped you out. And at only a few feet above sea level, even the small waves will look like tsunamis (even if they don't wipe you out like a proper tsunami).

Murmel

Reaction score
I don't think about these sorts of things. I'm not worried about nuclear war.

I have a hard time just getting out my house as it is. Maybe I would just sit and hope for the whole thing to blow over. I surely don't have the funds to go to secluded islands and such.. I'm not sure why Canada is a viable option unless you go way up north. What significance does Sweden have? Or any of the Scandinavian countries?

Come to think of it, Mexico would be safer from a missile since nobody cares about that place anyhow. But then you'll have to worry about Mexico itself killing you.

Silly thread.

Well hello there, mr Buzzkill :rolleyes:

Duelbart

Reaction score
Come to Poland! Particularly if it's Russia or Germany that decides to go batshit!

Oh wait :(

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
What significance does Sweden have? Or any of the Scandinavian countries?

Because both Sweden and Switzerland will probably declare themselves neutral come WWIII. Because of this, these countries'll probably be the more safer, at least from an invasion point of view.

Now, I think the keyword in the OP is nuclear. If a nuclear war breaks out, we'll be dead anyway:2c:

pink freud

Reaction score
Because both Sweden and Switzerland will probably declare themselves neutral come WWIII. Because of this, these countries'll probably be the more safer, at least from an invasion point of view.

Now, I think the keyword in the OP is nuclear. If a nuclear war breaks out, we'll be dead anyway:2c:

The problem with neutrality is that it requires at least two parties to agree to it.

Scattered Messiah

Kassandrian Dreams
Reaction score
Depends on how fast and with what means this would be happening:

I live in the midst of europe, where there is a pretty high density of strategically "important" targets - sitting in a plane while the emp of a nuclear bomb strikes does not seem like a very good idea.
so either get away before that (planning to move to canada anyways), but every person who knows what will be happening will be trying to flee ... so getting far enough in a suitably fast manner is difficult.
instead:
I'd hide in a research oriented reactor, like the one at our campus outside the city - it's relatively near, the radiation protection works both ways, there are fitting suits, I have energy, tons of computational power, tools and lots of resources (material, knowledge, food...).

the long term alternative would be to get somewhere, where the nuclear fogs don't blow, where it's warm enough to grow stuff and isolated enough to build up a working communnity - prefferably whilst taking as much technological and philosophical knowledge and resources as possible with me from the first hideout, to speed up the process.
the exact plan would be worked out in the reactor, with my other buddies who agreed on the reactor idea

Rosal76

Reaction score
You can always defend yourself and not pick sides.

I agree. I'm gonna find Muhammed Suicmez and hole up with him and bug him every day about writing the new Necrophagist album. If he doesn't, I'm gonna tell him that Christian Muezner's last words before dying were, "I am the greatest technical death metal player", just to stir the shit out of him (Suicmez). :lol:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
The problem with neutrality is that it requires at least two parties to agree to it.

Or an edge. Switzerland controls much of the world's banking. The country is also booby trapped to hell and has a huge standing (and decently trained) militia, making invading the place very painful.

Sweden has resources; during WWII iron ore was most important, and today, Sweden sits on a major part of the world's uranium resources. Surveys also indicate Swedes being among the most willing populations to take up arm and fight irregularly against an invader, making invading very painful there as well. This could cause a Vietnam-like situation for an invader, with the added perk of being cold as hell.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Here.
We've got so much land in the center of Australia they'll never find us. Large moutains etc either side of the country to slow fallout from spreading

Latest posts

')