Worlds most evil band?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I love the way some of these guys think they know pain and suffering, and talk of it like an old friend.

Ultimate in posing.

"Hello Darkness, my old friend."

:scream: SIMON AND MOTHER F'N GARFUNKLE! :hbang:

This video is so evil that it is all black... likes their souls!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
The only song I ever got in trouble for listening to growing up was Slayer's Disciple so take that for what it's worth.

I still love that song.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I would say one of these...

I'm a big fan of The Psyke Project and find that especially their "Daikini" album is very dark and evil sounding! Several passages in their songs sounds like they were taken from a horror movie soundtrack! :)

Thy Art Is Murder's album "Hate" is possibly the heaviest and most evil thing in my CD collection atm :agreed:

Not really into grindcore, but Acrania caught my eye for some reason. This track is evil in that grindcore-esque way! :lol:

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything Varg touches is pretty evil, considering how wretched of a human he is.

Portal is fucking evil.

Also:

Demiurge

Reaction score
I love the way some of these guys think they know pain and suffering, and talk of it like an old friend.

Ultimate in posing.

I guess you're right. Of course, with any art form that addresses any sort of personal darkness, one needs to get by the conceit that that maker of the art has access to means by which to make art, a standard of living such that they are able to subsist AND create entertainment, and the talent to create the art- all significant positives. This, all while there are people conceivably suffering from far worst things than girl problems/depression/social-religious-political-angst whose stories never get told.

I guess art itself is the ultimate in posing, though.

BillNephew

Reaction score
I'd say that anything Varg is involved with is pretty evil. C'mon. The guy not only stabbed Euronymous to death, but holds pretty extreme Neo-Nazi beliefs.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Varg is a joke. I listened to some of the early Burzum and some other Burzum and laughed at how ridiculous the shit got.

I also vote for Nergal's vocals as being most evil. Screw the black metal chocked vocals or the grunted gutteral super death metal vocals. Nergal's gutteral shouting forced vocals gets my vote.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
According to Disney, it's Machine Head.

I think this is pot calling kettle... Disney is monstrously evil IMO, especially compared to Machine Head.

But I would say any Disney promoted music is the most evil. :evil:

Was gonna say this :lol:

Varg is a joke. I listened to some of the early Burzum and some other Burzum and laughed at how ridiculous the shit got.

Varg is just a twat, I find it nearly impossible to take him seriously.

This may be a little controversial and it's not something I'd usually say given my general views toward murder, but I'd say the one good thing he ever did was rid the world of Euronymous, who by all accounts was even more of a bastard than Varg was. Varg is mad and delusional but everything I have heard about Euronymous points to him being properly fucked in the head, truly evil. Manipulative, controlling, oppressive and unbelievably sick and perverted. And misanthropic to the point where it ceases to have any meaning and just becomes hilariously over the top.

Basically, he's every exaggerated hyper-negative stereotype idiots make up about metal musicians rolled into one, except he was a real person... even people deep within the Norwegian black metal scene were apparently relieved after he died. Seems like the kind of guy who was always going to end up upsetting the wrong guy... Varg turned out to be that wrong guy. Doesn't make Varg any better for doing it and obviously I far from sympathise with him (maybe when hell freezes over), but Euronymous was a terrible man. Really was evil IMO, perhaps even more so than Varg.

guy in latvia

Reaction score
From all that's posted so far my vote goes for Portal.

I dunno if I would call these evil, more along the lines of disturbing and difficult to listen to.

Who said evil must be metal:

This song always gives me the creeps, especially the echoes part:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
From all that's posted so far my vote goes for Portal.

I dunno if I would call these evil, more along the lines of disturbing and difficult to listen to.

Who said evil must be metal:

My dad is a Scott Walker fan and The Drift totally fucked his head up when it came out :D Very, very weird album.

For me though, "evil" music doesn't JUST have to be about sounding seriously disturbing and weird, and being difficult to sit through. IMO there also has to be a little bit of an element of personal evil or darkness to the people responsible for making it... that's why I find Stalaggh monstrously evil, and Mayhem too, but why I can't bring myself to call Swans, or Scott Walker's recent stuff, evil... it's just rather weird and difficult to listen to. Cool music though. To put it crassly and bluntly, he isn't mentally ill enough and hasn't killed enough people :lol:

Exceptions can be made for stuff like Portal, because it sounds so fucking monstrous that you have to seriously question their sanity :lol:

guy in latvia

Reaction score
My dad is a Scott Walker fan and The Drift totally fucked his head up when it came out :D Very, very weird album.

For me though, "evil" music doesn't JUST have to be about sounding seriously disturbing and weird, and being difficult to sit through. IMO there also has to be a little bit of an element of personal evil or darkness to the people responsible for making it... that's why I find Stalaggh monstrously evil, and Mayhem too, but why I can't bring myself to call Swans, or Scott Walker's recent stuff, evil... it's just rather weird and difficult to listen to. Cool music though. To put it crassly and bluntly, he isn't mentally ill enough and hasn't killed enough people :lol:

Exceptions can be made for stuff like Portal, because it sounds so fucking monstrous that you have to seriously question their sanity :lol:

Your comment just reminded me of the sickest BM band I know + the video from begotten is just amazing!

')