'world's most expensive car crash'

• Thread starter Blake1970
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jontain

Reaction score
This made me lol earlier, but worlds 'most' expenisve? That I am unsure of, surely an F1 pile up would run up a higher bill?!

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
This made me lol earlier, but worlds 'most' expenisve? That I am unsure of, surely an F1 pile up would run up a higher bill?!

Surely referring to road cars? £2.5 million isn't a great deal of money in F1, as you well note.........however the money is irrelevant compared to the loss of life in Levegh's 1955 Le Mans crash.

That is expensive and certainly more tragic.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^Im pretty sure they said the drivers weren't Japanese.

Also saying that people who have nicer shit than you are "pencil-dicks" is pretty awful. The world is far too envious nowadays.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
That's the proof rich people can be dumb too.
Ferraris' souffle :lol:

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
why-god-why.jpg

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
My God, please tell me that was intentional because this is about Japan..? :lol:
Not at all. I live in Southern California, so I'm continually exposed to idiots in expensive cars that feel like they're entitled to the road. They're always the ones that step out of line and drive like assholes. Anybody that knows me on a personal level will tell you that I have a deep-seated hatred for people that think that the legal system somehow doesn't apply to them because they have material wealth and bad taste.

Also saying that people who have nicer shit than you are "pencil-dicks" is pretty awful. The world is far too envious nowadays.
I can respect nice shit and some of the people that own said nice shit. Most of the hot rod owners I know are awesome people that take their hobby seriously and respectfully. But around here, anything from a BMW on up pretty much guarantees that the driver is a selfish bastard. These people are the ones who cut others off, drive over the median and race over the freeway exit that they didn't take the responsibility to get to in time. They frequently endanger others and cause traffic, which we already have too much of in LA. If I see somebody in a beat up Nissan doing this, I'm going to honk at them as much as the guy in the shiny new Porsche. But generally, I see this from the douche parading his or her new toy around, probably talking on their cell phone at the same time. When shit goes wrong for them, I have no guilt in laughing.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
I can respect nice shit and some of the people that own said nice shit. Most of the hot rod owners I know are awesome people that take their hobby seriously and respectfully. But around here, anything from a BMW on up pretty much guarantees that the driver is a selfish bastard. These people are the ones who cut others off, drive over the median and race over the freeway exit that they didn't take the responsibility to get to in time. They frequently endanger others and cause traffic, which we already have too much of in LA. If I see somebody in a beat up Nissan doing this, I'm going to honk at them as much as the guy in the shiny new Porsche. But generally, I see this from the douche parading his or her new toy around, probably talking on their cell phone at the same time. When shit goes wrong for them, I have no guilt in laughing.

No shit, even in Memphis. I drive an Audi A4 2.0T but have just as much respect for the guy in a 14 yr old civic hatchback because that was me last year.

SD83

Reaction score
But around here, anything from a BMW on up pretty much guarantees that the driver is a selfish bastard.
Not much different here. But I have to admit, most times I get the chance to drive a Mercedes, I feel the urge to act like a stereotypical Mercedes Driver...
@Topic: Looks like at least one of them didn't know how to drive... and the others were too close to brake in time, which in the end means they also don't know how to drive. So, as long as no one died, this is absolutly hilarious. And in addition, they wasted 2.5 million for one second of stupidity each cent of it their own money...

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Not at all. I live in Southern California, so I'm continually exposed to idiots in expensive cars that feel like they're entitled to the road. They're always the ones that step out of line and drive like assholes. Anybody that knows me on a personal level will tell you that I have a deep-seated hatred for people that think that the legal system somehow doesn't apply to them because they have material wealth and bad taste.

I drive a BMW. :lol:
Also in Socal literally every 11th car is a bmw so I find it hard to believe they are all assholes. My sister and I walked all the way down Mission blvd. and at every point we could see at least 1 bmw. It was a great game to play while looking at insane real estate. :)

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Mr. Chapman:

Yes. It is a fact that all BMW owners are assholes. Including you.

Sincerely,
Mr. McFee
A non-BMW-owning-asshole

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I like how every thing I've seen is like, "Almost $1 million worth of damaged cars." Just from my eye and what cars that they said where there I say there "estimate" is off by a tiny $1mil. :lol: That shit would royally suck balls, too.

EDIT: Just saw that it said $4 million dollars. I guess Yahoo was probably not the best source. Still sucks ass for those people though. Looks like stereotypes are holding up though, right?! :lol:

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
....however the money is irrelevant compared to the loss of life in Levegh's 1955 Le Mans crash.

That is expensive and certainly more tragic.

Material damage have lost it's value for me since last year. (carcrash. We was two survivors out of four passengers).

So yeah, that's why the quote. Also, poor little cars

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
I drive a BMW. :lol:

It is my sincerest hope that you negate my stereotyping.

Also in Socal literally every 11th car is a bmw so I find it hard to believe they are all assholes.

Yeah, I did, too. :lol:

My sister and I walked all the way down Mission blvd. and at every point we could see at least 1 bmw. It was a great game to play while looking at insane real estate. :)

If you ever visit again, try getting out to Pasadena. Some really phenomenal architecture there, and the car shows are awesome. DeLoreans at the Back To The Future house = Win.

Latest posts

')