'world's most expensive car crash'

• Thread starter Blake1970
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I used to drive a BMW, now I drive a Jaguar. According to this thread I am the world's biggest asshole and as lethal on the road as a tank.

Come at me, bros.:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Well played, sir. Even with all of my pampering she gets fussy in the cold.

That pileup is a bummer though, those cars didn't deserve that. I'd be sad if I was one of the people that worked in the plant, knowing that somebody destroyed my craftsmanship.

pink freud

Reaction score
Here's a one-car crash that probably tops that:
veyrondam1468.jpg

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Found this funny "which also included a Japanese supercar Nissan GT-R Skyline and a Toyota Prius"

Not at all. I live in Southern California, so I'm continually exposed to idiots in expensive cars that feel like they're entitled to the road. They're always the ones that step out of line and drive like assholes. Anybody that knows me on a personal level will tell you that I have a deep-seated hatred for people that think that the legal system somehow doesn't apply to them because they have material wealth and bad taste.

Truth, last year when I was heading back up to the house the last day of NAMM some idiot in a Ferrari hydroplaned on the freeway and destroyed his car right into the middle barrier..it was one of the more rare ones w/ the horizontal stripes on it like a race car would have (short ones going from wheel across hood).

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can attest to literally every BMW owner I know being an asshole and I know a lot of BMW owners and I'm not a cynic.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Even seeing a flat tire on a Veyron makes my bank account cringe. A set of those tires are $25,000, plus you have to get the tires removed from the rims in France, which costs $70,000. Like, what the literal fuck? :spock:

groph

Reaction score
I can attest to literally every BMW owner I know being an asshole and I know a lot of BMW owners and I'm not a cynic.

And you're an older man so we can trust what you say.

Sucks about the F360, such a gorgeous car. At least there weren't any F40's involved, those ones are rare.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Even seeing a flat tire on a Veyron makes my bank account cringe. A set of those tires are $25,000, plus you have to get the tires removed from the rims in France, which costs $70,000. Like, what the literal fuck? :spock:

It is the same way with the Ferrari Enzo. Because they require parts that are so specialized you can't just get it done at your local Bugatti dealer because...there are none.:lol: But guess what? If you have the cool $2.5 million for a brand new Veyron Super Sport I bet you can afford the $25,000 tires and the $70,000 replacement cost.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
They suggest replacing the tires every 5,000 miles or something ridiculous. The engine takes 55L of coolant. Just way too much shit in that car that costs way too much.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
They suggest replacing the tires every 5,000 miles or something ridiculous. The engine takes 55L of coolant. Just way too much shit in that car that costs way too much.

True but that is coming from our point of view. I can't even fathom having that kind of money and I am certain you and the majority of this board can't either. People who do have that money though can more than afford the insane upkeep of it. Plus, you think 5,000 miles isn't a lot but on a car like that it is. I guarantee you 90% of the people that own those cars didn't put 5,000 miles on it in the first year. Because if they did you would see Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Bentley's, Rolls Royce's, Bugatti's, and the like on a much more regular basis. Hell, I saw a Maserati Quattroporte for the first time in my life two weeks ago. That is a $120,000 car. You don't just drive to work in that like you would a Ford Explorer or what-have-you.

pink freud

Reaction score
True but that is coming from our point of view. I can't even fathom having that kind of money and I am certain you and the majority of this board can't either. People who do have that money though can more than afford the insane upkeep of it. Plus, you think 5,000 miles isn't a lot but on a car like that it is. I guarantee you 90% of the people that own those cars didn't put 5,000 miles on it in the first year. Because if they did you would see Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Bentley's, Rolls Royce's, Bugatti's, and the like on a much more regular basis. Hell, I saw a Maserati Quattroporte for the first time in my life two weeks ago. That is a $120,000 car. You don't just drive to work in that like you would a Ford Explorer or what-have-you.

Depends on where you live, really. I go to college in Bellevue (a fairly well-to-do area in Washington) and I see expensive cars all the time. Audis and BMWs are common, and you get a fair amount of Maseratis and Jags too.

Nothing quite freaks you out like driving on I-405 in heavy rain and wind and having a Murcielago zoom past you :ugh:

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Depends on where you live, really. I go to college in Bellevue (a fairly well-to-do area in Washington) and I see expensive cars all the time. Audis and BMWs are common, and you get a fair amount of Maseratis and Jags too.

Nothing quite freaks you out like driving on I-405 in heavy rain and wind and having a Murcielago zoom past you :ugh:

Very, very true. I live in an average size city in Colorado. The most common "expensive" car around here is the Corvette. I've seen two Ferrari's total my entire time here (my entire life:lol:), One Lamborghini Countache, three different Dodge Vipers and a partridge in a pear tree. If I lived around Cherry Hills in Denver it would be different I imagine but I don't.

')