Worst Custom Shop Paint jobs Ever

• Thread starter Josh Lawson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the fact that theres black around the edges ruins that cooley. Also the fact that its a shiny finish, imagine how much nicer it would have looked if it faded into grey at the edges, on a satin finish! The design isnt quite as gigerish as i thought... less biomechanical, more "astro-heretical?" I dont mind it. Could have been better though.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
I love the Gigier Ibanez guitars. A friend of mine has all of them so whenever I go to his house I play them. My personal favorite was the latest Gigier S. It's got the coolest design in my book and also came with a very cool matching case.

Gigiers work is really awesome. I wonder how much it would be to get a custom paintjob from him? My guess would be a rather huge amount. Though you would have the coolest paintjob ever made in my book.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I love the Gigier Ibanez guitars. A friend of mine has all of them so whenever I go to his house I play them. My personal favorite was the latest Gigier S. It's got the coolest design in my book and also came with a very cool matching case.

Gigiers work is really awesome. I wonder how much it would be to get a custom paintjob from him? My guess would be a rather huge amount. Though you would have the coolest paintjob ever made in my book.

He says he wont do it unless he absolutely 100% loves your music. I dont know if that was for guitars or cd covers though... i assume both...

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
inspired and actually taking the names of gigers work are 2 different things. i understand being inspired to do "like" work. but to actually use the xenomorph name is WRONG!

jym

xenomorph =/= xenocide

Just because two words sound the same in the beginning doesn't mean the rest is the same. If anything, Xenomorph is a type of mineral. Giger has no connect to Xenomorph, as that name was spawned through the Alien movies.

Xenocide itself has nothing to do with Giger anyways. It's an Ender's Game novel, so if you want to complain about the guitar, know your shit first.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
xenomorph =/= xenocide

Just because two words sound the same in the beginning doesn't mean the rest is the same. If anything, Xenomorph is a type of mineral. Giger has no connect to Xenomorph, as that name was spawned through the Alien movies.

Xenocide itself has nothing to do with Giger anyways. It's an Ender's Game novel, so if you want to complain about the guitar, know your shit first.

the name was given to the creature by giger. watch the alien legacy.

jym

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
the cooley looks better than the ibanez shit, of course imo since everyone seems to masturbate to giger stuff

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
the name was given to the creature by giger. watch the alien legacy.

jym

You're being dense.

The creature in Alien, was based off of Giger's Necronom IV. Giger's work, the Necronom IV isn't called Xenomorph. The Aliens in the Alien series are called Xenomorphs. Giger didn't name Aliens Xenomorphs, Giger has barely anything to do with the Alien series, aside from having the Alien based off of his designs.
Xenocide is the name of an Ender's Game novel, and is also a common Science Fiction term for Alien Genocide.

And again, Xenocide has nothing to do with Xenomorph. Two Different words.

Reaction score
custom_guitar1.jpg

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
You're being dense.

The creature in Alien, was based off of Giger's Necronom IV. Giger's work, the Necronom IV isn't called Xenomorph. The Aliens in the Alien series are called Xenomorphs. Giger didn't name Aliens Xenomorphs, Giger has barely anything to do with the Alien series, aside from having the Alien based off of his designs.
Xenocide is the name of an Ender's Game novel, and is also a common Science Fiction term for Alien Genocide.

And again, Xenocide has nothing to do with Xenomorph. Two Different words.

dude, giger designed the alien and the juggernaut in the space craft ( which wasnt finished and they used children in the space suits to make it look bigger when filmed). watch the alien legacy they interview him for over an hour on his designs FOR the movie!

jym

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I think the Rusty sig kicks ass, the paint job is sick and I like the "mystical" inlays.

I thought the "bloody" guitar looked really neat too, but not really my thing. It's cheesy in the wrong way (for me).

As for strikkingguitars I thought most of the designs were kinda cool, but overdone. The exception, however where the "galaxy vortex" ones

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.jpg

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
I like the RC, even though it's clearly a Giger ripoff. I really like the inlays as well.

I'd have to say the worst is Clapton's SG. I hate that damn thing.

Efilnikufesin

Reaction score
I happen to hate those ibanez guitars with the neon pink and green. When I look at them it feels like a seizure bomb went off in my frontal lobe.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
dude, giger designed the alien and the juggernaut in the space craft ( which wasnt finished and they used children in the space suits to make it look bigger when filmed). watch the alien legacy they interview him for over an hour on his designs FOR the movie!

jym

You miss my point completely.

Xenocide =/= Xenomorph

I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')