Worst live experience?

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Grief Hole

Reaction score
There are some doozies on here. Don't think mine could compare but..

Very important gig for us supporting a big band with record company people there. At the time we were enjoying playing but not always getting on with each other. Our (primadonna) guitarist had Jackson as his main guitar and I had offered him my BC Rich as his second which he refused as it was too cheap for him (plus our singer guitarist wouldn't bring his other gibson).

Anyway we kicked into the clean intro of our first song which raised a cheer and the second we hit the distortion the guitarist's first 2 strings broke. We carried on playing as he went back stage, thinking he would come back. Lo and behold at the end of the song hes still not back. By this point the heaviness of our dual guitar attack is sadly lacking. Next song, no guitarist. We finish four songs in because the sound sucks. We go backstage and find out the guitarist has driven home, leaving us to take back his gigantic marshall stack in my renault clio. Whilst we are packing that in to my car my fender precision bass gets stolen as does the singer's SG. As we are asking people outside if they saw anything a group of guys comes up and say we accused them of the theft. Get in to a fight with us which the main band sees. The ban later say they don't want to tour with us because we look like trouble.

Remarkably, we were offered a recording contract through EMI.

Our guitarist refused as he wanted to join his father's shipping company and the drummer and singer thought it wouldn't pay well.

15 years later. I'm rocking out in Japan and the others have rooms full of dusty instruments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')