Worst NGD Ever

gavn13

Reaction score
So I just bought a Parker pdf60 from best buy and when i got it noticed it had some fret buzz so i tried my best at setting it up being fairly competent at that kind of thing but couldn't get it. So i took it back to best buy and had them do it so there tech filed the frets alright but not actually filed them down filed the edges (which was unnecessary):nuts: and getting to exited or something filed to far making every fret he "fixed" buz rendering the guitar unplayable :scream: and after all this they are still charging me for the setup and as of now the restocking fee of $150 if i decide to return it i am going back tmrw to argue that.
</rant>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
i am going to see if my guitarcenter needs a tech, so i can put in iphones for pickupz.

but seriously this bestbuy guitar thing is weird, and feels wrong.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
if you paid for a service, and did not recieve that service, you do not have to pay them. you paid for a fret level. the frets were not leveled. don't pay :)

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Guitar Center, putting local guitar shops out of business.

Best Buy, eventually putting Guitar Center out of business.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Yeah, raise a fit about it. Don't let up. Write to the local newspaper if you have to. But don't pay.

Dooky

Reaction score
First mistake: Buying a guitar from a store called: "Best Buy".
Second mistake: Taking it back to aforementioned store for them to "fix it".
But in all seriousness, that is a pretty rough NGD. Hope you get you're money back. It sounds like you should cos those guys have obviously stuffed up big time.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
First mistake: Buying a guitar from a store called: "Best Buy".
Second mistake: Taking it back to aforementioned store for them to "fix it".
But in all seriousness, that is a pretty rough NGD. Hope you get you're money back. It sounds like you should cos those guys have obviously stuffed up big time.

This a bajillion times over. Hopefully everything works out for you man! File a complaint with the higher-ups there at the store. The $150 restocking fee seems a bit far-fetched to me though. How long have you had it?

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
This is the strangest story ever told. Parker guitar at best buy? Guitar tech at best buy!? What the hell! How is this even possible? Blows my mind man. Sorry about the guitar :/

Don Vito

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard of some Best Buys having a legit music instrument section. I would avoid buying a guitar from there in the future. It seems like it would just feel 'wrong'.

DraggAmps

Reaction score
Ask them how the fck they intent to "restock" it after this jackoff ruined it, and why they made the guy from stereo installation or appliance sales their "tech".

gavn13

Reaction score
yeah I have a letter written up for this guys manager and got a buddy of mine form the local music store to vouch for me that they screwed it up so hopefully it will all be resolved shortly.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I absolutely loathe Best Buy. They have the lack of knowledge and customer service of a big box store and the high prices of a mom and pop store. The worst of both worlds. I have yet to hear a positive story about their tech services, customer service, shopping experience, or anything else associated with them. On occasion I have had to buy something from them. But I will absolutely never buy anything significant from them.

Demiurge

Reaction score
It's about 90% hypocritical of me to say this since all of the guitars I own now I purchased online, but if you do buy a guitar from a "brick and mortar" store, definitely take advantage of the opportunity to make sure it plays okay before walking out the door with it.

The fact that Best Buy had an employee try to fix the frets (oh christ, was it the "Geek Squad" :lol: ?) and failed at it shouldn't be held against you in the form of a restocking fee. If the guitar is a lemon, it's a lemon and their failure to fix it themselves is simply more evidence of that.

With that said, I think if you raise enough of a stink, you can get that ludicrous fee waived. If the customer service desk can't help you, ask for a manager. If the manager can't help you, threaten to go over their head and you'll probably get your way.

Mendez

Reaction score
Electric Guitars - Best Buy

Well, apparently they stock a lot of brands in the US :eek:

I have seen these instrument sections in the bestbuy by my house. They basically look like a mini guitar center. They have rooms to test the amps and a room for the drums. Even a bunch of keyboards and effect pedals. It doesn't look TOO BAD, but ima have to agree that buying from there just sounds odd.