Worst Sports Injuries

• Thread starter keithunited
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I grew up playing pretty much every major North American sport except for Basketball. Somehow managed to play football and hockey for years without suffering more than a sprained knee. I even played soccer at a highly competitive level and some managed to stay injury-free until I stopped playing at 18.

However when I was 19, playing a casual game of soccer with some friends, I got slide tackled by my friend's raging Irish dad. I tried to jump it, but just caught my foot on him and bailed hard, landing directly on my shoulder. It felt like when I landed, my arm just planted and inertia just sent the rest of my body driving forward. I suffered a severe dislocation and now 8 years later, the joint still suffers from chronic instability to the point that I can't throw a baseball or a football to save my life nor, without experience pain/major discomfort. It's also at constant risk of dislocating again at the slightest knock at the wrong angle.

My other should is also ....ed. I've wrecked on my bike plenty of times, been hit by cars, etc. without so much as knocking out a tooth. But one day I was hauling a bunch of .... around and when one of the bags I was carrying came loose and when I tried to swing it back over my shoulder, I just kind of went down reeeeaaaally slowly. Tried to break the fall with my arm, but the shoulder just popped right out on contact. Luckily it was just a sublaxation that time.

BoneClaws

Young Old Man
Reaction score
Not me, but no question, Clint Malarchuk's injury is the worst in sports history. Has his throat slit wide open (arteries included) on ice.

Warning: Video is very bloody and disturbing. Watch at own risk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-wA4SmbO4
lol... I opened this thread just to say Clint Malarchuk, you beat me to it. Still the only sports injury that makes me queasy just to think about.

BTW, since I can't find a current NHL thread, I'll just say it here: GO PENS!! CHAMPIONSHIP 2016!! We're only 1 win away.

Kairi

Reaction score
I sprained my ankle once it`s the most painful thing I've ever had. That's all that comes to mind.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I can't bring myself to watch, but I wonder if Sid Vicious was included when he tried jumping off the top rope towards the end of WCW. Effectively ended his career, too.

Karmaic

Reaction score
Old thread, but im going to post anyway.

Broke 2 ribs playing hockey. Speared myself with my own stick at nearly full speed. And Im fast. The puck was stopped on the side of the goal. Was concentrating on making a move and that slight miscalculation bit me hard.

Broke one of the same ribs again (playing hockey) on a fall.

Also fractured my sternum playing hockey as the result of a cheap check on me.

All this happened within a year. And I was "serious" injury free the previous 17 years of playing.