Worst Task Ever...Thinking of a band name

• Thread starter UltraParanoia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
My new band who are recording their/our 1st EP this weekend just found out there another band in Aust with the same name. The name is Trigger

The other band arent massive, but neither is the scene in Australia so it's not worth the hassle & confusion.

So have decided to go back to the drawing board & come up with a new name & I swear it has to tbe the worst task ever. I'm sure once someone says it we'll know, but until then it's a real pain in the ass!! :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
IMO pick a band name that invokes question. A name that makes you want to say what does that mean what are they talking about? for example almost all of the animals as leaders songs on the first albums have a meaning like CAFO and stuff. I didnt know what that meant until one of my friends was curious and looked it up and told me. Other examples Nirvana, the foo fighters thats my 2 cents.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
what does CAFO actually mean?

Ultraparanoia, Why not modify it? Trigger finger? Hair trigger? Trigger happy?

...Trigger the Triger?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I always thought Shadows Without Objects would be cool. I agree about it being a little thought provoking, so that seems to work. And you can call your grandma and tell her the name of the band without being embarrassed. (I'm looking at you, Anal ....!)

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Just take your time and let the name find you. Preferably something that is entirely made up by you, but still means something. It took me 10 years to think up abandonist, and it's ....ing perfect.

edit: If you name yourself ____ the ____, something like that Shadows Without Objects crap, or a vaguely sciency thing, I'll hunt you down.

I Will Hunt You Down.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
We definitely wont rush, as much as we are keen to get something locked in to do the logo etc
We'll all be together this weekend to do some recording, so I'd say over a few beers we'll be able to get it sorted.

We're leaning towards a 1 word name but that kind of makes it even harder

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Just take your time and let the name find you. Preferably something that is entirely made up by you, but still means something. It took me 10 years to think up abandonist, and it's ....ing perfect.

edit: If you name yourself ____ the ____, something like that Shadows Without Objects crap, or a vaguely sciency thing, I'll hunt you down.

I Will Hunt You Down.

Yes, and if you ever name yourself _____ist, something like that Abandonist crap, or vaguely nihilistic thing, I'll hunt you down.

I Will Hunt You Down.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
the rancors
scruffy nerf hearders
tauntaun sleeping bag. I may take that one and make a core band full of hipsters

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Actually, you're probably on the right track now, just thinking about it. abandonist is right in that one is likely to just come to you out of the blue. Mainly because you're subconsciously running everything you see through the "band name-o-meter" in your brain. You know that's how As I Lay Dying got their's (and all the other bands that lifted them from lyrics). Kind of like when you're hanging out with a bunch of non-musicians and someone says something like, "We're surrounded by idiots," and you say, "Oooh, 'Surrounded by Idiots' - that's going to be the name of my first punk album!" And then everyone looks at you kind of weird. (As non-musicians often do.)

Berserker

Reaction score
Coming up with a band name is the worst task you ever had? Tough life you've lived so far :lol:

Make sure you keep a pen by your bed, a good name will just come to you one day... I came up with my band name in the middle of the night and scribbled it down. All I need now is a band. And some songs. And some musical ability :(

Latest posts

')