Would you accept bad quality from Warmoth? Picture included

• Thread starter axl12
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

axl12

Reaction score
And this is the Neck
R4nut.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
In a nutshell, the whole thing can be summarized this way: the customer orders a body and gets an obviously flawed piece; the company not only doesn't try to achieve a middle ground solution but also forces the customer to be shafted on a hefty shipment fee for a mistake it is solely responsible for. I don't find this acceptable in the slightest, sorry.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Certainly a crummy situation. I can see both sides of the argument. To play devil's advocate, the Warmoth site does state that they do not cover return shipment. Suppose that is the "risk you take" but is a tough pill to swallow if there are manufacturer defects like this.

All that considered, I'd (personally) keep it if there are no flaws that affect the playability or that are visible once the guitar is fully assembled.

$0.02

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Certainly a crummy situation. I can see both sides of the argument. To play devil's advocate, the Warmoth site does state that they do not cover return shipment. Suppose that is the "risk you take" but is a tough pill to swallow if there are manufacturer defects like this.

All that considered, I'd (personally) keep it if there are no flaws that affect the playability or that are visible once the guitar is fully assembled.

$0.02

Yeah, but generally when a company says they don’t cover return shipping that only covers when a customer just wants to return what they bought, generally if the product is not working or is flawed that is something different.

Like I bought a guitar from zzounds, and the electronics weren’t working so I wanted to return it. Because it was defective they covered return shipping because it wasn’t me just arbitrarily deciding I didn’t like the guitar. So I think it isn’t as cut and dry as that, you know?

Also can someone tell me what’s wrong with the neck?

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I know its for making the neck but come on!

If you know its for making the neck, why the "come on?"

That indexing hole that has been filled with a plug will be covered by your locking nut. On a G&L or a Tom Anderson those tooling holes are visible on the back of the headstock. Just part of the process of making a guitar.

The tear out in the trem cavity might be a tiny bit annoying if you wanted it to be perfect but its something that will be covered and typically cavities on any guitar are not held to the finish standard of the rest of the body.

Finally, Warmoth is definitely not refusing the return just because they think they can get away with it because you're in Australia. A single order issue like that is way too little of a deal for them to both with that level of scheming. They would have said the same thing to anyone.

axl12

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Yes I will build the guitar. Yes it will cause no sound issues.
My issues is a company who doesn't treat the customers right!
You guys all rock on this Forum and thanks for taking the time to share this issue.

Endnote

Reaction score
Axl, I've built numerous guitars with new Warmoth parts for nearly 8 years. I got a neck once that I did not like because of the mineral streaks that were in it, very minor in retrospect, so I sent it back, the process was easy for me, but I live in the States, and it was a cosmetic issue that wasn't something Warmoth could have done anything about. The body pictures you posted are not something I would call acceptable. Love my Warmoth guitars, never had a problem with sending something back, never got any other parts that I had to sent back, but what you got from that body is not okay, and I'd probably understand if you didn't buy from them again. It's easier to buy these things in the States because returning them is a simpler process vs out of country. Whatever decision you make, I definitely understand why you'd not buy from them again. That said, I love all of my Warmoth guitars. Also curious what the problem is with the neck? I've never bought one for a Floyd before.

axl12

Reaction score
The problem with the neck wasn't well pictured. I've too built many Warmoth part guitars and never had an issue till now, that's why I was so shocked by their laid back "10 Day return policy only no exceptions" The neck was also damaged on the headstock I've since repaired it myself and only showed the nut slot... reminder take pictures of everything!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Contact them again, ask that they pay for the shipping or you will contact your CC/Paypal to cancel the payment due to the delivered good being faulty.
Return policies are all good and well but they are only valid for "change of mind" situations. In your case, you didn't get what you ordered (ie, a new body without flaws) so fixing it shouldn't be at your expense.

axl12

Reaction score
I would like to thank Warmoth
Since 2007 I spend around $1k per year buying Warmoth gear
I'd get in trouble from the Wife for spending too much time on their website designing the next fun build.
Bore my friends to death talking about Warmoth and how great they are.
Now I'm free to enjoy and play the guitars I've build.
After being brushed off like a customer wanting to return a hamburger. The desire is gone, there is a world of great guitars out their to play and fix.
It's given me the skills to repair other customers guitar with plenty of know how.
Goodbye Warmoth. I may of been nothing to you but you were the world to me!

')