Would you be interested in a SSO Pedal Club?

• Thread starter slim231990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Is a SSO pedal club a good idea?

• HELL YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • HELL NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
TLDR: Would like to start a pedal club (only lower 48 states) where people pitch in roughly $20 bucks a month and we vote on a pedal, purchase it, and send it to the next guy. And during this we can raffle it off to one of the people in the club and the winner will get to keep the pedal after mailing chain.

So idk if this has ever been done before on SSO at least. Maybe this was attempted before with horrible results lmao, or is breaking some kinda rule if so please let me know. I would be willing to be the group manager or had the idea off to someone with a better rep. My plan is to have a vote and hear people's ideas for both this subject and pedals they would like to have that month. Next step would be getting at least 10 people to join per pedal run. We could do different catagories like Distortion/Drive, Delay/Reverb, Modulation, and maybe even utility pedals lol. Get 10 people to sign up for each category (people will have to provide good seller/buyer credentials -Reverb SSO ect.). People can then sign up, first come first served. And if people meet requirements a list can be made and everyone Paypal's their $20 to the manager. Manager then buys pedal that we voted on, checks it out and sends it to the next guy on mailing list. We could increase pitch in fee depending on price of pedal but I'm using a $200 dollar pedal for roughly 10 people at $20 each as a good example.

I know there's always going to be that factor of "lost in the mail". In that case I would just bite the bullet and pay everyone back.
I also would not include myself or (person managing) in the raffle to win the pedal. Being the first person to test the pedal should be more than enough for the manager lol. And if we get someone who just wants to be a dick and keep the pedal we'll at least know who it is and hopefully won't even have to deal with that if we have high entry standards. I also know that people will have to pay for shipping to the next person. The extra shipping expense kinda sucks but still should be around $25-$30 for entrance fee and rough shipping estimate all together. I would run this with as much transparancy as possible. And also people who win a pedal from the raffle will be put out of the next raffle until everyone has won something, then your name will be included in raffle again.

I know allot of the detals still need to be hammered out, but what do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
I think you should probably organize it and run it through your own site or facebook group. When this stuff goes south people always end up yelling at the mods / site owner that have nothing to do with it :2c:

Yea I agree, I'd make it very clear that this is not regulated thru mods or site owners and a that it's kinda a no man's land "do at your own risk" sorta thing. I don't have any social media besides IG (just to keep up with my pedal companies lmao), but I'd really like to keep it SSO if possible bc of the smaller community that's familiar to most of us. I also have no idea how to set up a site, but I'm more than willing to hand off the idea as long as it's our SSO community. I feel like if we make it outside SSO community it will be too much to manage.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Doesnt this basically exist on reddit already?

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Doesnt this basically exist on reddit already?

I have no idea on this. I was expecting TGP or another forum to have something like this, but I'd like to have a small SSO community one. If I was to do it thru another website I feel like it would be too much work, and would greatly decrease people's chances of winning raffle due to too many people. So basically anything over 10 people with good trade/buy/seller rep would be too much for me to handle and this is like the only forum I really use lmao.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A slightly different version of this existed for a while, "genie pedals" or something like that, where you paid a subscription and rented several pedals a month?

I always thought that was a good idea. Like the old Netflix model (borrow DVDs) but with pedals.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
A slightly different version of this existed for a while, "genie pedals" or something like that, where you paid a subscription and rented several pedals a month?

I always thought that was a good idea. Like the old Netflix model (borrow DVDs) but with pedals.

I saw this too and thought it was a cool idea lol. They also have monthly guitar pedal based subscriptions for like $100 and up a month. I just thought it would be cool to have something like that on here where we can share our thoughts and vote on pedals monthly and at the same time have a chance win a $200 pedal for $20 dollars and cost of shipping to next person.

If I can get 9 more people interested on here I think it'd be a fun cool thing. That means people would have a good chance to win and eventually if we get enough interest we can maybe do this for every state, and even our northern brothers can make a Canada one or other countries if they are interested. Just a big idea (that's prob been done somewhere else lmao) from a pedal lover.

')