Would you buy a guitar with the blemishes? RGA321f

Sebbemann

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Considering buying a second RGA321f from Japan. I recently bought one in sapphire blue, and it's the best, most comfortable guitar I've ever played. I kinda want to start a collection of these, and saw this model on a Japanese site with the exclusive Japan colours. The price is not bad, and I'm considering buying it. The one thing holding me back is that on the pictures, it looks like it has some groves where the pieces of the body joints. Attached are two pictures, one of the front, and one of the back.

I've never seen this on a guitar before. Is it just the angle of the light that's causing it to look this bad? IMG_20220816_130229.jpgIMG_20220816_130207.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Hard to tell if it's just the finish sinking in, or if it's a joinery issue from when it was manufactured. Finish wouldn't be a concern to me, but joinery would be. I'm leaning towards it being a joinery issue because it's on the front AND back, and I believe Ibanez always uses a urethane finish, which shouldn't shrink into the joint like a nitro finish would.

I'd message the seller and ask for more info at a bare minimum before buying. Very cool guitar, but don't let your GAS make you make a hasty decision. Vet it first.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
You’re building a collection.

This guitar is part of it, blemishes don’t matter.

Only time I worry about blemishes is brand new guitars. I pay $4k for a guitar it better be perfect. Other than that, it’s a tool. Use it no matter what.

Reaction score
I’d probably avoid this one if I were you.. let me buy it instead.. 😁

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
Finish sinking, finishes tend to sink around glue lines over time, they can even sink over figure such as flame or quilts.

You can even look at the reflection in the photo and see how the glare is kinda jagged. Its following the valleys of the figure.

Shouldnt be a deal breaker tbh but at the same time you could find a better example with time that will have less sinking.

If the price is good just snag it. Do they offer returns? If so return it if you dont like it or cant live with it.