WOW! Rocktron's come out with some cool stuff since I last checked!

• Thread starter LordOVchaoS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Utopia amp modeler/multi-effects unit:

Utopia.jpg

Rocktron’s Utopia G100 Professional Guitar System provides tone and effects processing for the next generation so you can be the player you want to be.

The G100 is a compact powerhouse of great sounds ready to rock your amp’s world. There’s a reason you don’t find Rocktron sounds “modeled” in our competitor’s products… because only Rocktron has them! Find out why Rocktron stands alone with amazing distortion and effects. We’ve loaded the G100 with everything you need to create your own signature sound, including: four totally usable channels (Clean, Texas, British and Mega), 4-band EQ, and full bandwidth effects including wah, phaser, compressor, chorus, flanger, pitch shift, tremolo, delay and reverb. > Rocktron exclusives include our state-of-the-art Speaker Simulation (for awesome recording), Variac (tube sag emulation) and HUSH® noise reduction. > The Utopia G100 is easy to use and operate. Fully programmable, the G100 features an easy-to-read Cool Blue LCD Display, (no cryptic tables or matrix-led crossword puzzles–just plain easy). Not simply a bunch of plastic, the G100 has a metal chassis and a rugged professional grade expression control pedal made from metal! > A Motorola® DSP engine, stereo outputs, heavy duty headphone output, and Aux input for your iPOD or MP3 player included. Play in Utopia, not your Daddy’s band!

Vendetta tube guitar amps designed by Bruce Egnater:

imagezoom.jpg

When Rocktron wanted to bring the guitar universe a concert-worthy, road ready, holy grail of monster tube amps, we went directly to the guru of tube amp design: Bruce Egnater.

With his reputation for designing outstanding tube amplifiers, we presented Bruce with a new challenge in the Vendetta series.

The Vendetta is loud, proud and rock and roll with the versatility needed for today’s modern players. With its four channels, each with separate gain and master controls and bright switches, the Vendetta may be the most versatile tube amp ever produced. These amps let you go from edgy mod rock to screaming “over-the-top” heavy and hard.

The Vendetta brings 100 watts of power into 4, 8 and 16 ohms. EL34 power tubes are the choice here and to make life easier on the road we’ve included external bias test points and adjustment. Very cool.
Two sets of “British” style tone controls with a special voicing switch for Vintage or Modern sounds help round out that versatility we’ve been talking about. You’ll be hard pressed to find an amp that delivers more. Master, Presence and Density controls add to the sonic party.

Bruce Egnater has thought of everything, and to make life easier, the Rocktron Vendetta features MIDI controlled channel switching. Nothing too complicated, just enough to give you that extra control. Rounding out the features are separate series and parallel effects loops and a Mix control for the parallel loop.

This the first groundbreaking tube amplifier for the new age. Vendetta delivers the goods whether you’re looking for an Oasis-type of tone, a Brian Adams-type of crunch factor, a Limp Bizkit-type of raunch, or a Deftones-type of thud. And for the 7-string gang, we defy you to find a chunkier amp that delivers this much throttle and raunch with incredible power.

Available in 100 Watt Head or 100 Watt Combo versions. Rocktron Vendetta 4x12 cabinet with Vintage Celestion 30’s available in slant or straight styles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
That footpedal appears to be basically just the Chameleon 'engine' in a different box. Which is cool...

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
ok so i emailed them asking about the utopia:

what i asked:

what, if any, preamp that you currently or have made is the g100 based off of?

thanks

what they sent me:

I would say it is most like a Chameleon 2000 while even this has been tweaked to best run in front of a combo or head. It is most noticeable in the clean sounds.

Jim

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That Vendetta has been around for a while. I spent a couple of hours on one once a couple of years back. Not to bad. Nothing special either. Fairly versital, so that's cool. But sound wise I'd say it's Peavey-ish. Which isn't a bad thing.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Holy crap...I'm feeling some severe gearlust towards that pedal.

I wonder how it would hold up to my PODxt?? D:

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
Holy crap...I'm feeling some severe gearlust towards that pedal.

I wonder how it would hold up to my PODxt?? D:

considering that its modelled after the chamelon 2000 which i heard was bad i'd say your pod would be better.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
The utopia looks so cool with that mute cut.

Metal or plastic?

')